Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 10:42 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,992,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Native View Post
I will be in Paragould just for a day, can anyone recommend some good local places to eat or see?

I have relatives in Paragould I havent seen in 30 years, I have not a clue where they r but I have an opportunity thru work to be there for a day so I will be just travelling thru.

Thanks
Steve
Hamburger Station has some pretty darn good hamburgers. It is on Main and Pruett. I'm always a fan of Sonic...

Old 03-17-2009, 10:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,876 times
Yep im from paragould to... Im a senior at Greene County Tech High School and WE DID WIN STATE! and there is plenty to do around here with out getting into trouble.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:57 PM

4 posts, read 11,663 times
Default possibly moving to paragould

i've read all of this thread about the advantages and disadvantages of paragould. can someone tell me the likelihood of the town accepting and welcoming a committed gay couple moving there to buy and restore one of the historic homes there? we're quiet and friendly, do not party, and improve our neighborhood and home's resale value. how would the town take to us?

Old 03-31-2009, 10:28 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGuys View Post
i've read all of this thread about the advantages and disadvantages of paragould. can someone tell me the likelihood of the town accepting and welcoming a committed gay couple moving there to buy and restore one of the historic homes there? we're quiet and friendly, do not party, and improve our neighborhood and home's resale value. how would the town take to us?
I don't think anybody could accurately answer that about any city.

You may move into a house with the head of the local gay rights chapter for a neighbor, or it may be Archie Bunker.

If you are seen in a display of public affection, you may be seen by someone who sees it as 'progress' or by someone who notes which house to graffiti next.

How are you accepted where you live now?

Old 03-31-2009, 12:54 PM

right now we live in washington state. i have family in corning, reyno, pocahontas, bella vista, benton, little rock, and fayetteville. was told by a family member in corning that if we moved there we'd be run out of town by the locals. was hoping that wouldn't happen in paragould. we're definitely not the flamboyant type. no public displays of affection. we make long lasting friendships and go out of our way to help our neighbors. we love for friends to drop in to visit.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:19 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,531,247 times
Based on my experience living in that part of the state, I suspect that you wouldn't be run out. However, a lot of folks would "witness" to you.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:19 PM

"witnesses" i can deal with, having grown up in the southern baptist church. i can quote scripture with the best of them. picketers are another story.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:38 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,743,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGuys View Post
"witnesses" i can deal with, having grown up in the southern baptist church. i can quote scripture with the best of them. picketers are another story.
the only thing ever picketed in paragould is the fence i know i live there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas