Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 03:00 PM

25 posts, read 88,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
That's a nice bunch of pictures, I had to chuckle at a couple of things.

First, the comment on how many roads don't have bridges.

They do have bridges, you're on it. It's called a "low water bridge", and in some places (like where I live), if you want to go *anywhere*, you're going to cross at least one of them. Locals know which ones to avoid after a large rainfall.

Second, the comparison to "Deliverance".

Heh, there are places around here that the boys from Deliverance wouldn't even tread, but you didn't go through any of them.

If you ever find yourself really drunk, or really crazy, I'll guide ya to a few.
I know what a low water concrete bridge is.
These are roads WITHOUT bridges, you are driving/riding on the bedrock, gravel bed.

Maybe one day we can go see some of your places. I've got more miles of tracks that go places that the average person would never know is there. I generally do my exploring on two wheels just because its easy to turn around, it leaves less foot print in case I end up somewhere I shouldn't be, it has happened before, and I can find a way out easier when those things do happen.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 04:24 PM

29 posts, read 70,671 times
Just letting you guys know, they are restoring the Springfield Bridge and are in the preliminary stages of seeing how much work needs to be done to preserve it and restore it.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:34 PM

25 posts, read 88,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
Just letting you guys know, they are restoring the Springfield Bridge and are in the preliminary stages of seeing how much work needs to be done to preserve it and restore it.
I'd like to know who is doing it and verify that.
No one except locals go to visit, and teenagers looking to drink beer.
I hope its true, they better think faster, the creek bank is eroding away under it.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:18 PM

287 posts, read 738,736 times
Cool pictures!

Old 04-18-2011, 10:14 AM

1,205 posts, read 2,688,505 times
Default Old Mural in Fort Smith

Not a professional picture at all but since I'm pretty sure someone painted over this it may be the only one. I took this a couple of years ago.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:46 PM

Default These should be the last pictures I get to take of Fort Smith for a while

No more Boom-a-Rang.

Somebody getting buried at the Calvary cemetary. That intersection floods worse that water Caish was driving through in his pictures. I saw five cars stall out in the rains two days ago. Somebody went mudding (doing doghnuts in the mud) in grassy field the day before that. Some of thos graves are from the mid (maybe even early) 1800's, in a neigborhood as busy as this who knows what kind of crap they have seen over the last 100 years.

67 year old graffiti I found. In front of and slightly to the right of Aladdins Lamp Repair on Towson, there is more of it too.

Property across from Mojo's that people are complaing about, at least i'm 95% this is the one. I guess because it's a nice historic building and it is just sitting there. Maybe the owners can't take care of it so somebody buy it and do something with it please.

More pictures coming but I have to go do something first.

Last edited by ArkansasTgirl; 04-27-2011 at 06:35 PM..

Old 04-27-2011, 06:31 PM

I just went and took another picture but you'll never see it because right afterwards I dropped and busted my camera, so now I'll have to buy another before I leave. It was only a 7.2 MP and I kind of want to upgrade to 10, I don't know about sony cybershots anymore though, they seem kind of fragile.

Neumeir's

I wasn't really friends with Joseph Meadows back at Chaffin Jr. High and I haven't seen the Amazing Race episodes only heard about them. He is investing in downtown though, which is good.

Landrys

A window of the Fort Smith Chamber of Commerce building

Old 04-28-2011, 11:58 AM

Default Back with a new 14 MP Nikon

I really like this Nikon so far

Fort Smith bus transfer station, not too far from the light rail (technically, if you count a 100 year old trolley).

Just a picture from the convention center parking lot

National Cemetary

I don't think this is actually used as the court building anymore, the building across from the street says post office and court house (about 3 storys off the ground in stone) but it appears to be a federal building now, there was a truck from the Department of Homeland Security parked outside.

First National Bank building from the back with Area Agency on Aging building on the left. I remember a few years ago they picked up a Cuban sleeping on a bench behind the bank. Apparently he got arrested in Fort Smith in the 80's and went to prison for 20 years. I guess he came back because its the only place he knew in the US.

OK Foods. They have a frame on top that is shaped like a christmas tree and they put christmas lights on it every year.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:57 AM

90 posts, read 289,920 times
My walking trail is still mostly under water, as of yesterday. It's close to Shangri-La on Lake Ouachita.

Pictures of Arkansas-picture-1286.jpg

Old 05-17-2011, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,715 times
Arkansa is a great state i love going there and enjoying myself.... But im glad i came to this website cause we are doin a state report in my class and my state is Arkansa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas