Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 06:53 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,333,069 times

Advertisements

Roz, I CERTAINLY hope we can meet up sometime. I will be in Mountain View in mid September, but send me an email or message me and let me know what dates you are coming, or when you intend to be here for good. I look forward to hanging out and drinking some sweet tea with you! I don't think Nita's hereabout yet, but she will be soon enough...maybe we'll all get together in the near future for a Welcome to the Natural State party!

Best wishes to you - talk to you soon...

Sam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 11:20 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,509,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor912 View Post
Thank you everyone!

I cannot tell you how excited I am. I am an Executive Assistant to a very productive (but kind) President & CEO but at 57 I'm so tired physically and mentally. I keep going to the internet looking at the pictures, reading up on the recreation etc. etc. I NEED THIS :>)

For those of you who know the power of prayer... AND know how to pray, please be in agreement with me that my CA property will sell quickly. I so want to be moved and settled by fall.

Best Regards to all of you AR residents... especially CV!

Roz
Allot of these people giving all the good +++ advice about Cherokee Village don't live in Cherokee Village some not even in Arkansas. Don't be to surprised if things are not as they say about you moving here.
I live in Cherokee Village and know how it is. And I like things just the way there are,,

Old 08-22-2007, 11:39 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,333,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
Allot of these people giving all the good +++ advice about Cherokee Village don't live in Cherokee Village some not even in Arkansas. Don't be to surprised if things are not as they say about you moving here.
I live in Cherokee Village and know how it is. And I like things just the way there are,,
Junkman, are you having another bad day? And I thought you had recovered, LOL!

Old 08-22-2007, 02:50 PM

58 posts, read 195,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
Well Junkman

I assure you not all of the posts were positive about CV or Arkansas for that matter. A small % might even be considered rude and offensive. Doesn't bother me a bit because I learned something from every one that I read. Every state in this country has good and bad points and good and bad citizens.

I am a decent person and will make a great neighbor to anyone who is willing to judge me based on my character. I can also assure you I have no intention of trying to change CV.... I want to live in peace and quiet, enjoy MY property and the surroundings on MY property and any of MY CV neighbors who WANT to be in my company will be welcome 24/7. On the otherhand, I can also live just fine without those who DON'T want to be in my company. In that case I suspect the feelings will be mutual. As I've said in the past, I won't be forcing myself on anyone.

As a militry brat who's father was a military policeman, LA County Sheriff and retired Federal Marshall, we lived all over the world because he was in the service. Some nice countries/places and some not so nice countries/places...

My father was a very capable and wise man. Because of him and all that he taught me...I will be just fine in every sense of the word.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:12 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,509,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor912 View Post
Well Junkman

I assure you not all of the posts were positive about CV or Arkansas for that matter. A small % might even be considered rude and offensive. Doesn't bother me a bit because I learned something from every one that I read. Every state in this country has good and bad points and good and bad citizens.

I am a decent person and will make a great neighbor to anyone who is willing to judge me based on my character. I can also assure you I have no intention of trying to change CV.... I want to live in peace and quiet, enjoy MY property and the surroundings on MY property and any of MY CV neighbors who WANT to be in my company will be welcome 24/7. On the otherhand, I can also live just fine without those who DON'T want to be in my company. In that case I suspect the feelings will be mutual. As I've said in the past, I won't be forcing myself on anyone.

As a militry brat who's father was a military policeman, LA County Sheriff and retired Federal Marshall, we lived all over the world because he was in the service. Some nice countries/places and some not so nice countries/places...

My father was a very capable and wise man. Because of him and all that he taught me...I will be just fine in every sense of the word.
Your father must be a good man, You talk about him allot.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:19 PM

58 posts, read 195,934 times
Hi Junkman!

Not perfect by any means, but a good man.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:11 AM

570 posts, read 1,590,245 times
Hi Roz, what part of CV is your house located at? I live in the area.......

It is really a pretty place and peaceful!

Old 08-23-2007, 02:42 PM

21 posts, read 85,682 times
Default Cherokee Village

There are many misconceptions of CV. To me it sounded like Raventeeth is just not happy with the laid back lifestyle here, and that is fine. I have always had a great time on the lakes here. Fishing is ok, better on Spring River though. January and Feb are great on the Spring River for Walleye.
I also have been to the Copper Feather Club he speaks of and have never had a problem there. In fact, it seems the music would be to his liking. I have gone to Memphis or Little Rock when I wanted to have more entertainment choices, and their entertainment areas are safe. Its about 2-1/2 hours away from either, but that means your that much further away from big crime cities.
There is a deverse population here. People from many states and countries move and retire here. There are areas of poverty around the village, as in all of Arkansas, but not such a large population of impoverished people as you would find in the larger cities in our state. Many churches of different types to support the diversity of the population. Peace and quiet, natural beauty, and a simple life is what we have to offer. Sorry, no big name restaurants or shopping centers. I think many come here and try to change it to what they had somewhere else. I left somewhere else for the changes I have experienced here, with no regrets at all.
We welcome all newcomers to CV from all walks of life and indeed hope to meet up sometime for a sweet tea on a quiet afternoon. I recognize some names on here from the village2ya, CV forum, and also welcome you to join there for interesting discussion of CV issues.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:51 PM

66 posts, read 340,948 times
Cherokee Village is very, very isolated. The poster above must have gotten it mixed up with some place else, it is not near Hot Springs or Little Rock. I am a pastor who has lived all across Northern Arkansas, and I lived near CV in Walnut Ridge. The only time I have heard the N word was at a gas station in Ash Flat (adjoining Cherokee Village) when a few yahoos verbally assaulted an African- American male who was gassing up his car.

Cherokee Village would be fine, but the hinterlands may be another matter...

Old 08-23-2007, 07:53 PM

111 posts, read 508,113 times
Smile Welcome

Congrats on your decision! September is wonderful time to arrive in CV. The churches are great and should be a real solid basis of community. The fact that CV is a retirement community primarily provides many positives and possibilities to meet folks from all over with diverse views on life. Some of the posts that are critical do speak certain truths about the state of the local economy, pace, and some need for expanded thinking in some quarters. (Isn't that last one true everywhere?) But my take is that CV is getting better and better each day in every regard. I have found folks truly freindly and wanting CV to "develop" while holding on to its core vision as a welcoming retirement community with a village feel. In the years to come, I see great promise for all who have made the move and like you are part of the bright future of this community. May the Lord bless you richly as you establish your new home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas