Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,778 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am considering reloacting to yellville area from KC mo and am trying to find out about jobs in the area. I am a graphic designer and have worked for a newspaper for 7 years. Also what is the cost of living like down there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 12:06 AM

140 posts, read 475,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc man View Post
Hi. I am considering reloacting to yellville area from KC mo and am trying to find out about jobs in the area. I am a graphic designer and have worked for a newspaper for 7 years. Also what is the cost of living like down there?
How did you find Yellvlle? You will find jobs in your field in the Baxter Bulletin newspaper online, also try the Mountain Echo, there is a need for your type of profession all over- its growing here. The people are great here, if you like the outdoors, fresh air, sweet water, and clear skies, this is the place for you. You might have to travel a bit to larger cities, but in short order you will find a closer job. You might try an online Graphics Biz, many opportunities .
The only reason we are moving is my WIfe wants to live in New Mexico for
some time, we will miss our friends and garden.

Good WIshes

Old 07-03-2009, 06:49 AM

2 posts, read 8,372 times
I would also reccomend the classifieds in the Baxer Bulletin and Harrison Daily times, both are available online. You might also look on the Arkansas employment divisions website. The cost of a home is reasonable, the utilities, food and vehicle cost the same as anywhere else. I've spent the last 3 summers in WV, TN, and KY working on my education and spent the same or more for groceries and gas. I'm always glad to get home in the fall.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:13 PM

2 posts, read 4,395 times
I was in Little Rock a couple years ago and looked at property listings around the state (I"m from So. Carolina). I found a great deal on acreage and a cabin just south of Yellville and purchased it. It is very different living in a remote location where a 4wd vehicle is necessary just to get to the cabin. However, I like the people I've met and found everything I need close by. My only concern is for immediate health care. I'm 62 with aches and pains more than most and rely on the VA for my medical care. In Columbia the VA hospital is 20 minutes away. In Yellville I am several hours from the LR VA hospital. There is a VA clinic in Mtn Home but it is extremely limited, so for all but my routine VA appointments I have to use a local facility. I think the only serious reason not to make the final and permanent move to Yellville would be isolation. But the upside is that there is no gang activity or problems associated with more 'diverse' communities. I am disabled and retired so the employment situation is not a concern for me. I just want to live out my years in safety and peace.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:27 AM

4 posts, read 9,535 times
Default Looking for job

Hello my partner and I resently purchased land in Peel Arkansas and love it there, but having trouble finding jobs in the area.
I work for a Dr's office and he is a construction supervisor for an engineering firm. Just need some ideals and networking. As soon as he finds a job we will be moving, love the area.
Pj

Old 10-29-2009, 11:04 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,205,882 times
---" as soon as he finds a job, we will be moving"--

That phrase is repeated by thousands posting at city-data.

At least that is a smart phrase cuz you realize you can't eat the scenery.
Many posters seem to take finding a necessary job an afterthought in their re-location plans.

Good luck on your future move, even if it is temporarily delayed due to the economy.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:15 PM

54 posts, read 71,863 times
Yellville is a very red neck area. I was told by a realtor who sold property there that the locals would try to scare property owners from out of the area away with things as silly as big foot sightings. It is hillbilly central.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:20 PM

Default Moving

Hey hydigger

We know what we are getting into. I caught my first rainbow in July on the white river.
We are pretty redneck ourselves. Everybody we have met we have liked.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:10 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,213,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydigger View Post
Yellville is a very red neck area. I was told by a realtor who sold property there that the locals would try to scare property owners from out of the area away with things as silly as big foot sightings. It is hillbilly central.
Years and years ago when I bought my land, Yellville was high up on my short list.

However, I found a place that was even more redneck, so I bought here.

Go down to Fouke and tell then how silly bigfoot sightings are.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:44 PM

I really liked our realtor, nobody has tried to scare us out yet. Maybe it's cause we fit in so well.
If anybody know of jobs please let me know. I'm willing to do just about anything for school cook to janitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas