Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 04:16 PM

11 posts, read 45,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Can you back up your claims with concrete evidence? Why is LHC the pits and why should it be avoided?
I agree, I'd like to hear more. I'm RV'ing in LHC, and like what I see, and I am used to fairly nice neighborhoods. If there is something about LHC that sucks, I'd sure like someone to tell me. Otherwise, I put my opinion out there to counter it. LHC looks like a very nice clean town. The heat of summer would be a considerable complaint of mine, but I'd visit in winter, it's lovely.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:58 PM

436 posts, read 682,173 times
"Can you back up your claims with concrete evidence? Why is LHC the pits and why should it be avoided?"

I prefaced with IMO. My gut feeling visiting there was, "this place sucks".. "I can't wait to get out of here." I saw London bridges in the real London where they belong. Again, IMO. Some may think LH is better than a Big Sur or Lake Tahoe visit. I'm not one of them. Honestly though I should have skipped the 'avoid, avoid, avoid' exclamation - that was excessive.

Last edited by brian_2; 11-09-2006 at 05:07 PM..

Old 11-09-2006, 05:09 PM

11 posts, read 45,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_2 View Post
"Can you back up your claims with concrete evidence? Why is LHC the pits and why should it be avoided?"

I prefaced with IMO. My gut feeling visiting there was, "this place sucks".. "I can't wait to get out of here." I saw London bridges in the real London where they belong. Again, IMO. Some may think LH is better than a Big Sur or Lake Tahoe visit. I'm not one of them. Honestly though I should have skipped the 'avoid, avoid, avoid' exclamation - that was excessive.

That's cool - not everyone likes the same thing. I asked for clarification because I was worried you meant it may have had crime, or some such problem. It's a desert tourism town with a lake, sounds like that isn't your cup o tea, but for others that's paradise (especially in winter when tahoe is too cold)

thanks for clarifying.

I still think it's a nice town. It's very popular with boaters and RVers.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,053 times
Default Corrupt Judicial in Lake Havasu Az

Don't move to Havasu it's like being in a bad movie and it reruns everyday.
You know the one ,where it's a small town and all the judicial and officials are corrupt. The Judge pushes his wait around and the police are like 4 year olds that carry a gun. The ones that were picked on in school now they seek revenge.
This town sucks, if your from California or a small business owner you don't have a chance your their gold mine. This is a town where if your wear a badge or sit at a podium it's legal to drink at all the legion clubs and then drive yourself home.
So Id think twice before Moving to The not so Beautiful Lake Havasu Az where the fines a steep and the judicial system is CORRUPT!!!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 08:24 PM

2 posts, read 20,760 times
Yes Lake Havasu has their problems, and the judicial system is one, although if you keep your nose clean, you won't have any issues. Been here eight years now and the only issue I've had was my window tint was too dark.

Everyone has to remember that Lake Havasu is a very young city (i'd say more like 'town'). I mean, we're just now dealing with a city-wide sewer project that makes driving here a pain.

I personally wanted to move out of here as well, moved to texas six months back, but the house here never sold, had to move back and sell the texas home.

I personally like the extremely low-crime rate here, and even though Arizona rates really really low in the school system, the people and local gov't here steps up to try to take care of the education system here themselves.

I tell you this, invest in property here and in time, when the city grows, you may see a very good return on your investment, and have some fun in the water while you wait

Old 03-23-2007, 09:08 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,863 times
I visited LHC each year from 95 to 2000 and liked it each time. I'm planning to go back again for a visit this year.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:57 AM

37 posts, read 205,152 times
The justice system in havasu has nothing to do with keeping your nose clean. It has been reported that the ONLY judge who has been subject to disiplinary action by the state judicial oversight panel is the city judge of Havasu. He has absolutely no legal education, has not even taken the bar exam, could not represent anyone in his own court yet is somehow allowed to decide fine legal points in trials. On top of that the state has cited him for being unfair and biased against the defense. This only makes sense because he is a recently retired police supervisor who is now supposed to tell us fairly if his former employees are doing a thier job properly as he trained them.
As a side note, HIS former bosses in the police department have both been fired for being corrupt. No, it has nothing to with keeping your nose clean. The police target out of town people and "judge" with a badge convicts upon accusation. Stay away until the city cleans up it act. Bullhead City is nicer, has more services available, and is actually less expensive.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:23 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourist beware View Post
The justice system in havasu has nothing to do with keeping your nose clean. It has been reported that the ONLY judge who has been subject to disiplinary action by the state judicial oversight panel is the city judge of Havasu. He has absolutely no legal education, has not even taken the bar exam, could not represent anyone in his own court yet is somehow allowed to decide fine legal points in trials. On top of that the state has cited him for being unfair and biased against the defense. This only makes sense because he is a recently retired police supervisor who is now supposed to tell us fairly if his former employees are doing a thier job properly as he trained them.
As a side note, HIS former bosses in the police department have both been fired for being corrupt. No, it has nothing to with keeping your nose clean. The police target out of town people and "judge" with a badge convicts upon accusation. Stay away until the city cleans up it act. Bullhead City is nicer, has more services available, and is actually less expensive.
That is interesting; and, I have lived in or within 2 miles of Bullhead, LHC as well as Kingman over the years.

Bullhead City/Laughlin/Ft Mohave/Needles: what you see is what you get, good, bad or ugly------the 'vibes' are brutally honest so you know what you are up against.

Kingman area: looks nice but there is a 'nasty' undercurrent there. Beware.

Lake Havasu City: used to be very nice till about 2001; then the $$$ started flooding in along with the 'plastic looking' stereotypical modern SoCal attitude. In other words; money being no object, LHC would have won hands down in 1989-2001--------not now.

If I had 5 million dollars in liquid assets; Mohave Valley (S of Joy Lane) or possibly Needles of all places would receive the nod. Go figure; but that is what my 'gut' tells me. And, my gut is very seldom wrong.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:09 PM

44,635 posts, read 61,645,680 times
If you want to live in LHC you have to put up with 2 things. One it is a party/tourist town nealry all year long. It's the favorite Spring Break place for people from the west coast. And two, it's hot most of the time. LHC set the highest temp, 128 degrees, just a few years ago, and it consistantly is 118-122 during the long hot summer months. The only place hotter is Death Valley, CA
If that's sounds like your bag of tea, then you'll enjoy the hustle bustle of a small town. I understand there is a city sewage problem, and there is basically one road in and out of town, north or south.
You are near Laughlin and Las Vegas if you want to have some entertainment outside of the boat/party scene.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:31 PM

37 posts, read 205,152 times
I have lived in all three cities in Mohave County. If the three Bullhead City is the best place to be. For those who enjoy the lake fun Lake Mohave is beautiful and the police leave you alone as long as you are not operating under the influence or bothering others. For those who do not like the lake fun-the lake is a mile away from town so you never have to see it.
Kingman-is ok but no lake but great back roads for some 4x4ing. If you have a good looking wife beware, Judge Taylor lives with women and has husband thrown in Jail as cited in a recent federal lawsuit against him.
Lake Havasu would be nice except the police are corrupt and the Judge Andress is worse.Aside from not having a law degree, the man has been cited with a ethics violations for not giving fair trails and the new city ordinance allows the police to cite you for bad language and the only proof needed is thier say so. Now the police want to use unreliable sound meters to cite people for noise. It's not a place to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona