Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:17 AM

4,726 posts, read 12,009,561 times

Advertisements

I love San Antonio, but I'd recommend Austin myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 07:04 PM

861 posts, read 2,196,985 times
Suns swept the Spurs....Arizona is better...SO THERE!!!!

Old 05-14-2010, 12:03 PM

240 posts, read 538,722 times
Lived in Tucson for two years, 92-94, and loved it there. But, I've been in Texas for 13 years now, and love it here also. The income tax rate in AZ is outrageous, and the overall cost of living there is a lot higher than TX.

Love the mountains and desert around Tucson, lots to do, hiking, camping, skiing in winter, but we decided to stay in TX when I retired last year as we have no state income tax, and housing costs are cheaper.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:31 PM

276 posts, read 807,088 times
William,

On what criteria do you want us to base our opinions?

Jobs?
Cost of Living?
Mechanic to broken car ratios?

Your not happy in Dallas, so I would gather that San Antonio would not be much different, maybe you could expand on places you would consider, such as El Paso TX, with a huge build up of soldiers here, you maybe able to carve out a niche. You may also consider San Angelo, or Odessa.

The cost of living is less here in Texas than Arizona. But the quality of life may be more to your taste in Arizona. I am soldier station in El Paso, and there are mechanics here, but from what I have seen not many can be trusted, and with over 60 thousand people coming here in the next 3 years, get here now and get set up to service these peoples vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamfox02 View Post
Hi all I been a long time reader but this is my first post. I'm trying to decide between Arizona (Phoenix or Tucson) or San Antonio TX. I currently live in Dallas but I'm not to happy here.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:44 PM

2,746 posts, read 6,126,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
Suns swept the Spurs....Arizona is better...SO THERE!!!!

When the Phoenix Suns have at least 1 world championship, compared to San Antonio's 4, then you can talk smack. Good luck getting throught the Lakers, San Antonio has!!

Old 05-15-2010, 11:18 AM

861 posts, read 2,196,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
When the Phoenix Suns have at least 1 world championship, compared to San Antonio's 4, then you can talk smack. Good luck getting throught the Lakers, San Antonio has!!
I wish you wouldnt bring that up....

Old 05-16-2010, 09:12 PM

3,768 posts, read 5,891,738 times
Soldierboy states that cheaper to live in Texas and ELP. I am seriously considering moving from ELP to AZ to retire. Granted, the AZ state income tax is a factor as we don't have income tax in TX; however, property taxes are outrageous. Electricity is going up and there is a EPISD tax increase that may pass next month. I do love Texas but they get their share one way or another. Also, I admire AZ passing the immigration bill. Our politicians don't have the "guts" to do it.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:30 AM

7 posts, read 28,447 times
Prop taxes in our county in Tx run us $1800 on a very modest house with an extremely high appraisal compared to its actually selling worth -- county claims it's worth $160K but in reality we could get $100 for it. But even if it were appraised lower, the prop taxes are always going to be well over $1200 for any size house. Texas has a prob with being greedy on the prop taxes.

I lived in both Az and Tx for a long time each. You would likely find S.A. to be pretty crowded and also humid. Have you considered Lubbock as far as Tx goes? In Az, have you considered carving out a niche market in older cars, in the Tucson area, as there are lots of restored cars that last really well in the desert, classic cars? But I can tell you Tucson is h*ll in the summer, it's just h*ll but I would take the dry version of Hades to the humid version.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 AM

5 posts, read 23,436 times
i have taught about other cities, but i dont plan on being an auto mechanic forever, i wanna city with airframe schools, and there isnt a big list, im starting to think phoenix is out of the question its starting to get hot in texas again and i work outside all day i cant imagine being in 110 degree heat for 10 hours that would suckkkkk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: