Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 09:17 AM

3 posts, read 8,179 times

Advertisements

There's a chance that I could be moving for worik in Sierra Vista. Does anyone know any good areas of town? Apartment complexes, etc? Should I just live outside of SV and drive in?

Any help would be appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 09:24 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,689,422 times
If you are working on the Fort (everyone does) there's a nice development right on 90 near the police Station, several other good ones around town. There are plenty lof short term rentals (TDY housing) that you could get while you look around. There aren't that many new developments being built because they barely sell for more than construction cost

Old 04-27-2010, 08:42 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,603 times
I liked the look of that new development, too, but are there rentals there? The location is great, too--close to the library and park, easy drive to the grocery store. The very general advice is to avoid the West End. The only problem is where do you define the limits of the West End? I would say west of 7th Street. They say there is more crime in the that area, but I don't how true that is. However, I would say that the apartments and rentals I saw in that area seemed less desirable overall than other parts of the city.

I lived in Hereford and didn't like it. First, the pretty areas (in the foothills, on the west side of 92) are expensive--at least for us. The rest of Hereford has a lot of shoddy roads, interesting lot layouts, and too much desert broom and such for me. But really, that aside, I didn't like having to drive 10-15 miles into town, fight through traffic, and spend most of my day running errands and feeling like I didn't get much done. But I'm a snob that way.

I liked the area around Avenida Cochise--seemed like nice, well-kept neighborhoods, but I don't know more than that.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Your question is too general. There are so many nice neighborhoods and apartment complex's in this town that it's impossible to pin it down to just a few. This isn't a "high crime" city, relatively speaking, and as for commuting, that isn't really an issue no matter where you live in Sierra Vista. Even if you were to live in Hereford or Huachuca City, i can't imagine your commute being anymore than 10-15 minutes.

As for the previous advice to not live on the West End, that's not necessarily good advice. With the exception of about a half-mile square area called Fry-town, the West End is pretty bucolic. Houses are very reasonably priced (i live in one in Vista Village), and are mostly well built brick homes....something that no builders in Southern Arizona make anymore.

Hope i was helpful.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,212 times
My family use to live at some apartments called Savanna Springs when we moved from California. I'm pretty sure I was the first person to live in my apartment, so if you are looking for something newer I would check that out.

Not to make it sound like a retirement home either but the community level was great, everyone seemed to pitch in to help the elderly man that lived a building over from me, just small things like picking up his medication. Plus my kids had some friends there so I liked that we didn't have to move on base for them to have that. I can't remember the name of the manager but she is a super nice lady.

Anyway, here is there website: [url=http://mclifetucson.com/spot/savanna-springs-apartments-sierra-vista/]Sierra Vista Apartments - The Place At Savanna Springs Apartments[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: