Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2011, 10:33 AM

3 posts, read 12,024 times

Advertisements

I am going to work at the fort. Moving from Florida to Sierra Vista for the job and am looking for suggestions on where to live. I'm early 30s and single. I am not sure if I can handle an apartment or not. I really don't want to hear the neighboors. A condo, townhouse, or rental house might be better.

Any decent neighboorhood suggestions or specific properties? I would like something with a garage to keep my bike and prefer a fireplace. Since I am unattached and will make reasonable money I can do pretty well what I please. Any cool places to live? I am fairly athletic and would also like to find some place to work out, hike, mountain bike, ride a 4 four wheeler.

The job is with a new to me company so I don't want to commit to a year lease until I get there and find out what the job is really like. I have spent considerable time in Goodyear and Tucson so I know what AZ is like in general but never been to Sierra Vista.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 10:59 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,732,065 times
There are some four year old condos by the Sierra Vista Mall that you can even get furnished through TDY Rents. They usually rent to Military here for school. There are some new Apartments at 90 &92 don't really know anything about them. The TDY market keeps prices at whatever the Army is paying. TDY renters are usually 6 month leases cpould be good for you. the one by the mall has a pool and gym I think.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:11 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,709,865 times
I will agree with the OP, I don't like neighbors in apt type living.
But SV is full of rentals including homes all over the place with the Army and contractors coming and going.
You might consider looking at Craig's List for housing rentals there. http://sierravista.craigslist.org/apa/
I was stationed there in '66-68 and married a local girl. I returned to the area with my wife's employment with the Forest Service in 2001 or or and stayed until after she retired and moved up north for 4 seasons again.
Overall I think you will like the area.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:40 PM

344 posts, read 643,993 times
My son lives with his 6 year old daughter in the Las Brisas apartments near the police station. He is a teacher and it it full of military, teachers, and cops.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:16 PM

308 posts, read 792,658 times
If you want a garage, there are condo / town house type homes that are quite private. We lease one, and never hear the neighbors through the walls. Get one on the end of a building and you have side yard as well as a back yard, usually with a block wall surrounding it. If you want, pm me and I can give you the name of a realtor. If not, just check out the rental section of the Sierra Vista Herald (online). I did this, and had a place all ready when we moved from NY. If I ended up not liking it, all I would lose was a deposit.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:18 PM

I checked on the TDY thing. I like the idea. I am not bringing a bunch of stuff with me so a furnished place would be OK but the price point is kind of out there. $2500/month for an apartment in the desert seems high. I'll just rent an unfurnished place and buy stuff if I have to. I would like to get that name JAinAZ. I'll look at CL. I have done some looking online already

Old 12-03-2011, 12:57 AM

137 posts, read 521,378 times
If you are a contractor you will be allowed to work out for free on base.

If you want to pay to work out the two basic choices are:

Summit Fitness, Sierra Vista, AZ

Cochise Health and Racquet Club

Two house rental places (non TDY prices):

Bradley Properties

http://www.sierrashadowsrealty.com/

Old 12-06-2011, 09:30 PM

I'll have to check into the working out on base thing. I didn't know that was a possibility. I am here in Sierra VIsta now. I have to work all this week but am doing some looking after work and hope to put some time in this weekend. Thanks for the help!

Old 12-07-2011, 06:37 PM

308 posts, read 792,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeaver21 View Post
I'll have to check into the working out on base thing. I didn't know that was a possibility. I am here in Sierra VIsta now. I have to work all this week but am doing some looking after work and hope to put some time in this weekend. Thanks for the help!
I work out at Summit Fitness and like it. I have a free guest pass if you want to check it out sometime.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:12 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,732,065 times
I use Barnes Field House on the Base, it's free
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona