Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:52 PM

100 posts, read 253,612 times

Advertisements

The top three Republicans running for Governor, Brewer, Mills, Martin will be at a "Forum" in Prescott this Friday 6/18/10 at 3:00pm at the Las Fuentes Resort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 11:25 PM

100 posts, read 253,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodneighbor1234 View Post
It might not be in this election. But, Russell Pearce's worst nightmare is about to become reality. SB 1070 has energized the hispanic vote. Even supporters of SB 1070 know that the law will infringe on the rights of legal citizens.

Once a solid red state, Arizona will shift to being a swing state and then a solid blue state. Keep passing laws that target the Hispanic population.
You have no facts no statistics to back up your comments!!

According to the office of Sec. of State, Ken Bennett:
There has been a major change in voters rolls. Since Aug of 2009 there has been a huge rise in the number of newly registered Republican and Independent voters at the same time a DROP in the number of democratic voters within the state. Since January of this year there has been 25,000 newly registered voters added to the rolls. Only 2,300 of them have registered Dem. 10,600 regs. Independent and 12,100 Republican voters.

So the statistics are going against you and prove your that you really do not know what your talking about.

Many recent polls ( Arizona Republic) (Prescott Courier) (Grand Canyon State Poll) (AZ Central) all show that over 50% of Hispanics in Arizona support SB1070. And thus where is this newly energized Hispanic vote??? Arizona also has a very tough "Voter ID" law and thus it would be hard for illegal aliens or legal aliens to vote in our elections!

In the last three Presidential Elections Arizona has voted for three Republicans, 2000-Bush, 2004-Bush and 2008-McCain. The state went for Clinton in 1998 and thus that would make Arizona going from a "swing state" to becoming more of a "Red State"!

Looking at the major elections over the last year states like Mass and New Jersey voted in Conservative Republicans. And both are considered very liberal states!! If Mass and New Jersey and Virginia all threw out dems and elected conservatives....What do you think will happen in a much... much more conservative state like Arizona!!

Nice try....

But you can not cover up the truth!!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:28 PM

5,340 posts, read 6,551,773 times
I'm thinking the Governor made a mistake to cancel
the governors meeting.

Even if it were not held here to get face to face with the people from the south would show them that the day's
of free rides for illegals are done !

Old 07-08-2010, 11:12 PM

269 posts, read 1,261,876 times
SB1070 will set off a chain reaction in other states since the illegals will move from AZ to other states who will be unable to handle the influx of illegals and be forced to adopt their own version of sb1070 to keep from going bankrupt.
There are not enough legal immigrant voters to make a difference in the elections at this point in time.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:20 AM

286 posts, read 537,430 times
Here in CA, we are stuck with Jerry Brown (didn't he do enough damage the first time around, although he did date a native Arizonan) and Meg Whitman (can't decide on amnesty or not....another Arnold who says one thing and does another).

I guess it's the lesser of two evils cliche.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:41 PM

33,387 posts, read 35,006,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muz14599 View Post
In the last three Presidential Elections Arizona has voted for three Republicans, 2000-Bush, 2004-Bush and 2008-McCain. The state went for Clinton in 1998 and thus that would make Arizona going from a "swing state" to becoming more of a "Red State"!
actually clinton was elected in 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykatt View Post
Here in CA, we are stuck with Jerry Brown (didn't he do enough damage the first time around, although he did date a native Arizonan) and Meg Whitman (can't decide on amnesty or not....another Arnold who says one thing and does another).

I guess it's the lesser of two evils cliche.
if i were living in california, i would try to get every republican elected that i could. i think whitman will do a better job that arnold did, and a far better job than brown will do.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:57 PM

5,340 posts, read 6,551,773 times
I think he's keeping the door open for a new job

"Governor Brewer is going to need all our help"

Martin 'Suspends' Campaign for Ariz. Governor (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/elections/martin-drops-out-gov-race-7-9-2010 - broken link)

Old 07-10-2010, 08:50 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,371,855 times
The death of Mr. Martins wife giving birth to their first child last year, has left him with a tremendous amount of personal pressures and issues right now.

Frankly I admire his decision - he decided to put family ahead of politics - as it should be

Old 07-11-2010, 10:16 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,298,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
People spend all day complaining about our state's failure to spend in this budget crisis to which most of that blame was placed on the Governor. Now that she supported a proposition to raise the sales tax to offset this, now you people are attacking her for raising taxes...WHICH IS IT?

And another thing, what exactly is the Governor doing that other Republicans in the state are opposed to(aside from prop 101)? The answer.....nothing!! She has been nearly unilateral with her conservatism.

People are running against not because they disagree with the job she is doing but the fact that she lacks experience and is seen as someone they can win against. She inherited the position, she wasn't voted to the governorship so a lot of her fellow Republicans know they can beat her in an election.
What happened to the govenor she replaced?

[quote=Wyoming Darrell;14621155]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Brewer was never a favorite of mine at first

I was against her at first because of her lack of a college degree, but then I remembered that George W Bush had one.
A college degree sometimes is only worth the paper it is printed on. Give me common sense any day of the week. Jan Brewer seems to have common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I'm thinking the Governor made a mistake to cancel
the governors meeting.

Even if it were not held here to get face to face with the people from the south would show them that the day's
of free rides for illegals are done !
WE had the Govenor's meeting this weekend in Boston. She was there and so were the protesters and some pro 1070 folks. Of course our Govenor is against her 1070.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona