Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2010, 03:42 PM

27 posts, read 62,086 times

Advertisements

First of all - thank you to those who responded to my previous post about commuting from Tempe to Wickenburg. I have rented an apt in Phoenix for now and will decide to go from there. However, my boyfriend wants to live in Wickenburg so I may very well be spending a lot of time there on my days off.

Now, I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me about nightlife in Wickenburg. I am from the country. I like dive bars, country music, honky-tonk style places. My favorite bar now is frequented by the town riff-raff (if you will) and 12-person parking lot brawls are a weekly occurence.

In relation to something like that, does anyone have any recommendations on places to go in Wickenburg that are divey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 03:46 PM

135 posts, read 542,061 times
You should head to Wickenburg this weekend as 'Gold Rush Days' started today for the entire weekend. It's definitely a cowboy event and draws many folks just for the fun of it.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:06 PM

24,448 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Occasionally, there are some neat things that go on in Wickenburg. But a overall, I think it's pretty quite and when the cool weather goes away and the heat returns, the town kinda shuts down. A blogger that I communicate has lived there for several years with her husband says the town is kinda backwards andt caters to tourists and the older crowd. They are thinking of moving their business out of town.

Seems like a great place to visit, but not to live IMO.

Read more here:

wickenburg-az.com

Old 02-15-2010, 10:10 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
I don't think Wickenburg is going to have a lot of that sort of place. Not sure why your BF is so enamored of Wickenburg, but it's not for the things you are looking for.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:47 PM

27 posts, read 62,086 times
Well, I made it to Wickenburg a few times since I got here...it is the same kind of town that I am from. I love it. Not really the dive scene that I was looking for but I still love everything I've seen so far, lol. It is a super cute town.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:02 PM

894 posts, read 2,201,102 times
I cannot give you any guidance on any country/honky tonk's anywhere in Arizona. The only place I know of is the Oasis out in Goodyear, it is a country bar. I haven't been there in years. My buddies and I just hang out in the Desert out west and throw desert parties now and again. You might find a county bar or 2 out that way in Wickenburg, so good luck. California/Michigan transplants really tore up the country feel the area used to have when I was growing up.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:57 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Come on up north. Whiskey Row in Prescott is a good place to get drunk and fight. so is the chapperal Bar in cottonwood. Lots of bikers with attitudes. Tho Old corral in Cornville has all the cowboys from the surrounding area on a Sat. night. They fight over who has to take the coyote woman home. Hope this helps in your search.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:23 PM

24,448 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candiceena View Post
Well, I made it to Wickenburg a few times since I got here...it is the same kind of town that I am from. I love it. Not really the dive scene that I was looking for but I still love everything I've seen so far, lol. It is a super cute town.
It will change when summer arrives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona