Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:07 AM

2 posts, read 2,746 times

Advertisements

what does everyone think about valle vista. Is it dying or is it a good investment? I heard the golf course there is having money issues if so would they shut down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 07:09 AM

2 posts, read 2,746 times
valle vista homes are cheap brand new 3 bed 2 bath 1700 sq ft of living space for 140,000

Old 05-10-2009, 07:39 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Depends what you're looking for. If you want to live in a golf community near Kingman, you have two choices: Valle Vista and the golf course here in town. Living near the golf course in town might be too expensive, but it is a nice area. Valle Vista is 15 miles out in the desert, so not so convenient to zip into town. For a retirement home, Valle Vista might be ok. From an investment standpoint, I think you're far better off buying property in the city limits.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:34 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,136 times
Plus Valle Vista sits out in the open in a wind swept valley

Old 06-03-2009, 10:40 PM

34 posts, read 90,970 times
First - I concur with renting. And driving around alot during that time. And talking to alot of different people about their neighborhoods. We rented for a year and probably should have rented another.

We almost bought a house in Valle Vista. The houses are newer, the lots are bigger and they are DIRT cheap. But it's just too far out there. If you drive into town to work, head home and forget to pick up the milk, it can add up to alot of miles. Plus, they're on their own water cooperative and that sort of scared me. I think if you were retired and didn't have to drive into town everyday it would be a nice place to live. I don't know much about golf myself but I hear the wind makes it difficult. I heard bad things about the HOA -although I guess they ousted some people. They are like their own little city and the HOA is the council.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:10 PM

8 posts, read 21,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shariv View Post
I would suggest you rent for a while and get to know the areas you like, a lot of homes only require a 6 month lease. There are hundreds of houses for rent, many brand new. Several of the builders are even renting houses they haven't been able to sell. Prices have been slowly dropping. We are off of Fripps Ranch Road in what's considered a good area of town and this area has dropped about 40,000 since the top and homes still are not selling.

I like camelback, but I haven't seen any stick built homes under 200k in there yet. I wouldn't do Butler or Birdland, although parts of Butler are well kept. There are hundreds of houses east of route 66, they are smaller houses on small lots but prices are dropping and many new ones are under 200k. There are also lots of houses in Valle Vista, but depending on which end you are in, it could be over 20 miles to the grocery store. If you have specific streets or areas you are curious about, just ask.
Could you please tell me what streets border Birdland, Butler and Camelback? Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona