Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2007, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,828 times

Advertisements

I am looking into moving to kingman from illinois! i need lots of details about kingman....is it good for kids to grow up? will finding jobs be easy? i would like any kind of information! so if you have any ideas or comments please leave them! thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 05:49 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,476,118 times
Search 1st ask questions next..We have beat living in Kingman to death, several posts on this very subject.
I can tell you Kingman does not know what DeKalb corn is which is a Illinois kinda thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akc_smith View Post
I am looking into moving to kingman from illinois! i need lots of details about kingman....is it good for kids to grow up? will finding jobs be easy? i would like any kind of information! so if you have any ideas or comments please leave them! thank you

Old 06-05-2007, 07:11 PM

16 posts, read 53,367 times
I was born and raised in Kingman, I would like to thank every negative person for their insignificant input.
First, Jobs are easy to find in Kingman. I guess it is because there are so many lazy people that the turnover rate is very high. Also the college students usually leave town to go to school, so there are not many workers in this age group. Good or Bad. If you are a hard worker, it is easy to work your way up here.
Schools are getting better. Realisticaly they don't rate high nation wide.
Realestate is significantly low right now. I sell land and homes in Kingman, and we have seen the market plumet. Good time to buy though.
Finally, I enjoy Kingman. We are close to Lakes, Mountains, and all sorts of out door activities. Our weather is nice and it is a growing community. I have lived in Surrounding Arizona Cities after college and moving back has been the best for me and my family, both financialy and recreationaly.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:01 PM

6 posts, read 23,943 times
Thumbs down Yeah RIGHT!!! hahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLizzard View Post
I was born and raised in Kingman, I would like to thank every negative person for their insignificant input.
First, Jobs are easy to find in Kingman. I guess it is because there are so many lazy people that the turnover rate is very high. Also the college students usually leave town to go to school, so there are not many workers in this age group. Good or Bad. If you are a hard worker, it is easy to work your way up here.
Schools are getting better. Realisticaly they don't rate high nation wide.
Realestate is significantly low right now. I sell land and homes in Kingman, and we have seen the market plumet. Good time to buy though.
Finally, I enjoy Kingman. We are close to Lakes, Mountains, and all sorts of out door activities. Our weather is nice and it is a growing community. I have lived in Surrounding Arizona Cities after college and moving back has been the best for me and my family, both financialy and recreationaly.
The majority of people here that grew up here have *never been outside of Kingman*.

If you grew up here, you can get anything you want. If you are an outsider, forget it. Sure there are jobs (construction and nursing--professional, forget it), but unless people know you or your family your application or resume will be trashed or ignored.

If you are between the ages of 18-40, it's a nightmare here. If you're retiring, you may enjoy it.

Nepotism runs rampant, there are tons of uneducated juvenile delinquents (because there's nothing to do and their parents could care less), and the poor city government rolls over and is subject to constant bullying. There are more than 22 churches here with a population of about 30k. If you are Asian, Black or what have you, prepare to be stared at and harrassed--sometimes violently... Although, there is a mosque in town which is pretty strange. I'm surprised it hasn't been torched.

Five years from now, that will probably change because of the new highway bypassing the Hoover Dam, but for now it's a struggle to live here if you are not from here.

Safety is not an issue here now, but there are definitely gang members moving out of California to here and I predict the problem growing quite a bit. Meth is rampant, but you get that anywhere and they seem to stick to themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: