Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2007, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,921 times

Advertisements

Hello:

I will be flying out Monday 1/22/07 for a interview with Canyon State Academy. If I take the position, I will be relocating from the wonderous Motor City -- Detroit.

I need HEADS UP on where and who to go to regarding looking for a reasonably priced home.

Thanks......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2007, 10:27 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
I have never been out that way (TOO far out there!) but it should be like all the rest of the new developments. If you drive around you will find lots of new home developments, signs pointing you to the model homes.

Old 01-14-2007, 12:42 PM

10 posts, read 73,677 times
I got to tell you timnterri, I'm a former area public school teacher and have lived hear for over 10 years transplanted from MN, and since you're looking for housing I have some advice. It is a great time to buy and the market is getting ready to turn around. It will turn around slowly so there is no rush, but you are moving to a tremendously high growth area in many ways. It's much different than the motor city and will be a great new start for your life! Many opportunities exist.

My housing advice is if you are looking, have a realtor swing a deal to help pay for all closing costs. Inventory is high and some sellers are anxious. I'm assuming if you're looking at Canyon State Academy you aren't well off financially, like most teachers. I got my real estate license for personal and family deals and am up to speed on local listings. Depending on what you're looking for, resale or new build, you can find a great buy regardless of what I've read by many naysayers. Usually the negative people have missed the boat on the last market run up. The fundamentals of real estate are strong, and will continue with the new freeway up and running and many businesses relocating. I've had opportunities to go elsewhere, but find it too good here when leaving on business or visiting family and friends. The most difficult thing you will find is establishing a new social network as it won't come easy in an area full of transplants. If you stay with it, eventually good friends and family will come around. Many people get frustrated too easily and move on because of this. You usually hear the negative comments from these people. Many more people end up staying. Stay positive, and I hope this bit of advice helps as it's worked for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: