Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 12:34 PM

2 posts, read 7,668 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone

I was born and raised in St. Charles IL, which is about 40 minutes from Chicago. My parents and my sister have recently moved to Kingman AZ. They bought a lot out at Valle Vista a couple years ago. The are just renting right now until they start building. My sister goes to White Cliff middle school right now. But I was wondering if anyone can let me know how the High School is.

Also I'm thinking of relocating out there. And have been looking at Lake Havasu. Does anyone have any input on the cities around Kingman.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 12:47 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,378,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccido17 View Post
Hello everyone

I was born and raised in St. Charles IL, which is about 40 minutes from Chicago. My parents and my sister have recently moved to Kingman AZ. They bought a lot out at Valle Vista a couple years ago. The are just renting right now until they start building. My sister goes to White Cliff middle school right now. But I was wondering if anyone can let me know how the High School is.

Also I'm thinking of relocating out there. And have been looking at Lake Havasu. Does anyone have any input on the cities around Kingman.

Thanks

Depending on what you do for a living, you may have a hard time finding employment in Havasu.

And it's hot in the summer. That's about all I can say bad about the place. I't s nice community on a great lake. If I were to be forced to live in the desert, it would be in the Tri-State area, that Havasu and Kingman are a part of.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:43 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,027,351 times
There really aren't any other towns "around" Kingman, it's out in the middle of nowhere. It used to be a main stop for folks traveling Route 66 back in the day and is still a railroad town, but not much else. It is a desert area, hot in the summer, although there seems to be a lot of housing going up on the outskirts and it is the gateway from I-40 to Las Vegas to the north. Don't really know how people support themselves unless they work in Laughlin.

Lake Havasu, where the reknowned London Bridge now sits in all her glory, is a tourist town, hotter than Hell in the summer, nice in the winter, on the banks of the Colorado River and the manmade lake "Havasu". Lots of boating and water activities there...just too blasted hot for me from June through October...like a blast furnace. It's popular with the young party crowd because it does have a very nice marina and riverside "beaches".

Old 02-22-2008, 05:06 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,484,657 times
Well I am glad to know Kingman is in the middle of nowhere and is a railroad town.
I can tell you have no clue on Kingman
Thats all..

Old 02-22-2008, 09:45 PM

30 posts, read 132,041 times
I live in Lake Havasu - moved here from San Diego in 2004 - sold our house there and built a house here. We don't have a house payment, but it's a good thing because the job market is real slow right now. When we moved here in 2004/2005, it was booming... my husband is in the construction business, but that is really slow right now. The population in LHC is about 50,000 and 100,000 in the winter when the snowbirds come in. And the lake is very nice, but it gets hotter than hell in the summer - up to the low 120's on some days! As for Kingman, I thnk the population there is about 25-30,000. It seems to have a few more franchised stores and restaurants than Havasu, although we are opening a mall this Spring - March to June, so we will be getting a little more in that regard. It is cooler in Kingman by 10 to 20 degrees and it does get some snow. There just doesn't appear to be a lot to do there. At least we have the lake here when it does get Hell-like!!!

Old 02-23-2008, 07:27 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,178,467 times
The Kingman metro area is about 50K people.

I have lived in Bullhead City, Kingman (OK, 5 miles from town but still) as well as LHC.

Each has their good and bad points.

As for Kingman info: DM either rambrush or kdog------both posters presently live in that community.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:03 PM

6 posts, read 54,399 times
I live in Fort Mohave and love it. I would recommend this area to anyone. You have to suffer through two months of unbearable heat, but the rest of the year is great.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:14 PM

13 posts, read 15,279 times
Never go to Havasu. Read the thread about boycotting Havasu.

Last edited by Cindy in Wonderland; 03-04-2008 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-19-2008, 11:42 PM

1 posts, read 4,761 times
Default kingman vs. other surrounding cities

I've lived in Kingman and Lake Havasu, both places have good schools and are family oriented. remember that the river cities are going to be extremely hot in summer, by extremely I mean over 110 most of the summer ( 9 months of the year ) well maybe not but after 8 months you lose track. Kingman usually stays below 100 and has high winds most of the time, which tend to get on your nerves, but help to keep it cooler. I'm from Indiana and I chose Kingman over most all AZ towns.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:16 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,178,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdelaporte View Post
I've lived in Kingman and Lake Havasu, both places have good schools and are family oriented. remember that the river cities are going to be extremely hot in summer, by extremely I mean over 110 most of the summer ( 9 months of the year ) well maybe not but after 8 months you lose track. Kingman usually stays below 100 and has high winds most of the time, which tend to get on your nerves, but help to keep it cooler. I'm from Indiana and I chose Kingman over most all AZ towns.
Aside from the wind; Kingman has the best overall weather of all of Mohave County IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona