Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 07:52 PM

2 posts, read 8,412 times

Advertisements

I recently visited Kingman Arizona and just fell in love with the place. I am seriously considering relocating there from the East Coast, has anyone relocated from the East? DId you adjust to the lovely desert climate> any information on Kingman is appreciated. Is there any areas that are places to avoid at all costs HAHAH?
thanks and have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 08:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDM2411 View Post
I recently visited Kingman Arizona and just fell in love with the place. I am seriously considering relocating there from the East Coast, has anyone relocated from the East? DId you adjust to the lovely desert climate> any information on Kingman is appreciated. Is there any areas that are places to avoid at all costs HAHAH?
kdog and ram brush will weight in shortly: they both live in the Kingman area and love it-------and, I am seriously considering moving back to that area in a couple of years

Rule of thumb: the city of Kingman, by and large is OK.......some of the unincorporated areas also named 'Kingman' can be sketchy.

Wages tend to be low------but; housing is relatively inexpensive and still dropping in price.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 8,412 times
Thank you! :0)

Old 10-12-2007, 09:19 PM

572 posts, read 2,486,281 times
Kingman isnt a bad place. It can be windy at times, house have come down in price.Jobs are ok not super good pay though. I think its overall a safe town every town has its not so safe areas. It snows a few times a year. Can be hot during the summer but not as hot as Havasu.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:26 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDM2411 View Post
It's true. We moved here from NY a year ago, and we love the place. The weather, low cost of living, and the southwest geography agree with us. It's probably not for everyone though. You've got to be pretty self-sufficient in your career, ability to entertain yourself, willingness to travel to get specialty items, or order online, etc. The residents of this town span the gamut from white collar yuppies to tweakers and every kind of humanity in between. In other words, it's like anywhere else. As far as where NOT to live, Birdland, where all the streets are named after species of birds, is generally regarded as the least desirable area.

There are several threads in this forum with a wealth of information and misinformation about Kingman, and they're only a few clicks away using the Search feature.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:26 PM

269 posts, read 1,257,814 times
I have been hearing that Kingman is all bought up in anticipation of the flood of folks that will be coming to AZ from Nevada when the Hoover Dam Bypass project is completed.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:09 PM

77 posts, read 415,031 times
If you fell in love with Kingman what was it that you loved? I have a little home here with a bit of land 2.12 acres, and I need a change. I have loved it here in many ways, now I have to contradict myself......and ramble on.....the stars are bright, the air dusty, but not full of smog. Not much snow to deal with, a few times in the winter we may get an inch or two for a few hours, long
ough to build a snowman, but you do not have to shovel your sidewalk unless you on on the halapai side of Kingman.
I want to check out the east! Now I think it would be cool to do a house swap for 6 months for easteners and westerners. I need to be near the water, I need water after all these years in the desert.
I need to find a town/city I can afford to live in that has the ocean, peferably!.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:14 PM

77 posts, read 415,031 times
Kingman is not all bought up. In 05-06 there was a short flurry of sales, but that is over. There are a ton of homes, land etc for sale.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:18 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue578 View Post
Kingman is not all bought up. In 05-06 there was a short flurry of sales, but that is over. There are a ton of homes, land etc for sale.
Correct; and prices are dropping as well.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:12 PM

5 posts, read 33,990 times
hey kdog the wife and i moved here from upstate 6wks. ago, i have never seen this much sunshine. my wife brought her job w/her, and i retired a year ago. the weather seems like the middle of sept. not the end of nov. kingman is not bad at all, people here seem to be friendly, they just can't drive for ----. last year i shoveled 49" of snow.i'm glad thats not happening this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona