Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 09:55 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times

Advertisements

Welcome Jimsan and wife!!!

May your days here be as pleasant as ours are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 05:06 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,476,118 times
Welcome to Kingman!!
Glad you are liking it here.
I agree the traffic is something else but after riding with my coworker from California I can see where some of the craziness comes from.
As you might guess Myself and Kdog among others are to here to assist so if you need something answered we should be able to assist.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:52 PM

74 posts, read 383,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlexisnexis View Post
I have been hearing that Kingman is all bought up in anticipation of the flood of folks that will be coming to AZ from Nevada when the Hoover Dam Bypass project is completed.
No Kingman is not all bought up. Prices have been dropping. To much bad news, Wal-Mart Dist. on hold, the cranes at Hoover dam bridge fell down, ARMS problem. This is probably a good time to consider buying. All of the above will happen and things will turn around, people want out of Vegas and they will come here. I was one of those people in Vegas, now I'm here. I should have left Vegas sooner. I love Arizona, low property prices, low taxes, little gov., to interfer with your life, ability to protect yourself.

Last edited by haymann; 11-30-2007 at 07:05 PM..

Old 01-21-2008, 02:12 AM

7 posts, read 32,711 times
Another Kingman thread, seems to cover any/all questions you might have: https://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...hlight=kingman

Old 02-01-2008, 08:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,791 times
My best friends in Kingman are all east coast - Penn state, U Miami, St Johns in NY, Tulane, and some Connecticut. I'm from the southwest, and am used to everything in the area. They love the life they've made here, there is random culture shock on east to west coast ways, but life is what you make it. Friends make wherever you live liveable.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,201 times
Default Decent place

I have spent a good portion of my life in Kingman. I LOVE the dry heat in the summer and the cold wind can be rough at times but it is better than living in snowy conditions (in my own opinion). I am a product of the schools in Kingman (and even attended Mohave Community College for a while). I have my degree now after living in San Diego for a few years. My husband and I moved to Kingman after living in San Diego because we wanted to be able to afford our own home (which we do now). My husband is originally from the East Coast and he loves Kingman. He loves being able to golf and I love to be able to walk my doggies practically anytime. My neighbors are wonderful-quiet and friendly (my husband was pleasantly surprised that many people wave to him when he is jogging). I work in a job where I do see some of the "dredges" of Kingman, but my experience with them is mainly limited to that (tweakers and meth labs do not dominate the city as some people may think). Kingman has what every other town has but I must say that the things that I enjoy are the views, lack of smog, lack of traffic congestion, and nice weather most of the time.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:24 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i planted a grove of trees there. the wind blows a lot.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:31 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,373,540 times
Being from Yuma, I can't say much bad about Kingman. Kingman is a paradise in comparison. Not the most glamorous place, but it's close to a lot of good stuff and you have Hualapai mtn. If you're into off roading, there are some good clubs and trails in the area. Lake Havasu is a close drive, and so is Flagstaff. If I were to pick a quiet area in the desert to move to, Kingman would be high on the list. Depending on what you do and what you can afford, I would also look into Sierra Vista, Prescott, and the areas around Hwy. 89a. Also remember that the higher areas in the state that actually have a winter don't have the humid summers you're used to, and the winters are milder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona