Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2007, 08:33 PM

9 posts, read 43,608 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am new to Phoenix and at the moment renting a place close to the city. My husband and I are looking to buy a home soon and as he works in Chandler I was wondering if the commute from Queen Creek to Chandler is bad?
The house prices seem so cheap out there!
I have heard it's a bad place to buy into because of the road system and lack of infrustructure but I wanted some more opinions!!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 07:02 AM

343 posts, read 553,568 times
Depends which part of Queen Creek you buy in. Around the Ellsworth area it's a short commute. Once your in Pinal county it gets long during rush hour. I say it takes about 45 minutes for me to get into downtown Chandler from Johnson Ranch during my morning commute, and less than a half hour(15-25 minutes) from Queen Creek that's in Maricopa county.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:36 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,092,174 times
If you are close to the 202 freeway, you can get out of Queen Creek.

Moving inside Queen Creek to Gilbert and Chandler is a seemingly
endless series of either stop signs or stop lights.

Housing is much less expensive there because of the lack of thoroughfares
and the fact that there are no plans on the books - even twenty years
out for anything to provide relief.

Once you have located a house that you want to buy, go there at your
expected departure time for a commute on a commute day and drive
your expected commute to your place of employment.

If you think you can stand this commute, then go for it.

I've read articles in the paper ( Arizona Local News - Phoenix Arizona News - azcentral.com ) that have reported
on residents troubles. Just to get to the 202 for some people can take
over an hour some days at bad times.

Even if you leave at 5 am for work, having to stop every mile or half mile
for stop sign after stop sign can be maddening and kills your gas mileage.

Putting up with all the people who want to go 60 or 70 mph in the 45 mph
zones is another 'feature,' but it's common to all of the Phoenix area.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:58 PM

9 posts, read 43,608 times
Okay, thanks for your thoughts, we are looking at a place which is still in Maricopa County around Ellsworth so seems like it could be alright, might dive over tomorrow afternoon and check out traffic.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:02 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,176,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizzy View Post
Okay, thanks for your thoughts, we are looking at a place which is still in Maricopa County around Ellsworth so seems like it could be alright, might dive over tomorrow afternoon and check out traffic.
Monday morning or after work would be the BEST time to figure your commute. Fridays are lighter.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:47 PM

343 posts, read 553,568 times
Queen Creek will have you changing your commuting route every month because road construction will be ongoing for easily the next 5 years. It actually never stops anywhere in the valley, but every intersection will need work in Queen Creek whether it be stop lights or widening of the roads. This will require you to constantly adjust your route. The bright side to this is after a couple days you'll figure out a new "best way to go" because there are so many north/south and east/west thoroughways. There are many options to get out as opposed to having only ONE road shutting down due to an accident!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona