Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 07:04 PM

802 posts, read 1,373,375 times

Advertisements

Nice bourbon would do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2020, 10:04 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,781,366 times
So much this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Ice cold plain (Polish) vodka straight

Old 02-26-2020, 10:08 AM

6,829 posts, read 3,239,929 times
Gin and tonic

Old 03-10-2020, 02:27 AM

609 posts, read 353,072 times
Ice cold Stoli!!!!

Old 03-10-2020, 02:29 AM

609 posts, read 353,072 times
Default Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Ice cold plain (Polish) vodka straight, and DHM. No headache/hangover, no drunk behavior. It never ceases to amaze others
I am with you. Ice cold vodka is the Best!

Old 03-25-2020, 01:20 PM

5,637 posts, read 6,534,021 times
Fun thread! I rarely get smashed now that I'm older. If I were to get smashed, I would probably go with some type of whiskey like Jack Daniels.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:17 PM

987 posts, read 785,076 times
I need to buy more green olives

Old 04-03-2020, 02:28 PM

941 posts, read 429,403 times
Self made Long Island Ice Tee. Its almost more fun making them than drinking them.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:02 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,182,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxis View Post
I'm assuming many peeps in here don't get "smashed" terribly often, but if you decide you're going to drink heavy, what drink(s) do you prefer?
I don't do it very often anymore (I'm 40 and hangovers are the worst) but if I plan on drinking heavy I find some 100 proof vodka and mix it with some type of juice. One or two stiff drinks does the trick.
Y'know, I'm your worst nightmare: a teetotaler 52 year old who seldom jams anyone, except preaching the benefits of sobriety. Just passed 26 years sober month or so ago. But here I am, something caught my eye. "One or two stiff drinks," pah! Lightweight.

I have to be a little careful, there's still ghost of an urge in there. The isolation part, I don't care about during our little quarantine. Boredom can be lethal to sobriety, though. So I think on it a bit, then I'll slide off this section of C-D:

Back in the day, I didn't have much money but usually or always could for liquor. Lot of partiers are like that, whatever intoxicant of choice happens to be. And for me, there was NO point of drinking unless it was to "drink heavily." Exception being social beers, I was never a social cocktails kind of guy. A few beers, max of six, was the only place I'd stop, socially. Hard liquor...

Yes, my answer was 80 proof. Then, it was Stolichnaya and Absolut vodka, two good brands. Dunno what good brands are today. Stolie lemonaya was a favorite, and Absolut Currant doubly so. The latter with cherry juice, or more-probably cranberry, was a stunningly smooth way to get stunningly drunk. I'm a weird cat and in the depths of my drinking knew to the shot where to quit, it was half a fifth in my case. Call it eight to nine shots or pulls, I always could sense the line. Back the rest went into the freezer and I carried my buzz back to (wherever). That put me pretty well in the bag, I'd say roaring drunk but not doing-crazy-stuff, that wasn't my scene fortunately and never had a DUI or caused serious damage.

100 proof got me into trouble, I'd try that same system and end up over the line, which sometimes meant throwing up wherever convenient. I didn't like that, it ruined a perfectly good evening (and buzz) though I had my share of throwing up in roads, trees, toilets, God knows where college kids do their thing. Funny story: I will never forget a fifth of Southern Comfort 100-proof and 2 liter of Mountain Dew brought to a small party: I got everybody loaded, and got together in drunken makeout with a stunningly attractive brunette whose name, but not looks and taste, are lost to time. Damn that was a good night, and $12 or so (1988 dollars) well spent!

I'll never know what a hangover is like after age 26. It was bad enough then, must be a multi-day disaster now.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:33 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,454,401 times
Finlandia vodka straight from the freezer into a iced shot glass. Tequila shots are great, too, but they would vaporize the remains of my brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages