Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:02 PM

353 posts, read 460,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I enjoy the Racer 5 as well along with their Hop rod rye.

Big fan of the Hop stoopid as well as other Lagunitas products (IPA, Brown Sugga, Maximus, Sucks, Little Sumpin Sumpin)

Stone had a real good one with their 12-21-12 end of the world beer.
I was going to mention Lagunitas as well. I really like this Mad River Steelhead Double IPA. I had a bottle the other day and it was excellent.

Mad River Steelhead Double IPA - 94 at RateBeer

Sweetwater makes a great IPA too. I was also drinking Ruthless Rye for a while, but it always gives me headaches the next day no matter what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 09:12 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,149,132 times
Some of my favorites that haven't been mentioned

DC Brau - The Corruption & On the Wing of Armageddon (which they're canning this year)
The Alchemist - Heady Topper
Green Flash - Palate Wrecker
Bear Republic - Racer X
Ballast Point - Sculpin

Old 04-07-2013, 05:11 PM

I tried Bell's Two-Hearted ale a couple weeks ago. A single bottle was great, but I had to choke a six-pack down. It was really vile towards the end.

I also had Dogfish Head 60 Min. recently and it was really good. Another good one is Heavy Seas Loose Cannon.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:54 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,285,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead0043 View Post
I tried Bell's Two-Hearted ale a couple weeks ago. A single bottle was great, but I had to choke a six-pack down. It was really vile towards the end.

I also had Dogfish Head 60 Min. recently and it was really good. Another good one is Heavy Seas Loose Cannon.
I love DH 60, it's not over-the-top like the IPAs everybody raves about these days. At some point, the Bear Republics and Lagunitas (both great crafters, for sure) of the World will fade and Dogfish Head 60 Minute will remain as a solid mainstay.

Loose Canon is an awesome IPA as it is more of a blend of traditional IPAs and West Coast hop bombs. Hoppy, but well balanced as East Coast IPAs tend to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBookworm View Post
If you ever get to Wisconsin (almost beer heaven) Try:

Goose Island IPA (actually a Chicago beer)

He' Brew's Sweet Lenny (Bruce's) IPA (another Chicago Beer - but too good to pass up)

Sprecher's IPA2 (squared- I can't figure out how to get it to superscript)

Ale Asylum's Hoppalicious or Ballistic IPA

Lake Louie's Kiss the Lips

In Madison go to the Great Dane Brewpub and order the Texas Speedbump.
Yeah, 'Sconnie is a great place for beer; especially when you live in Minneapolis and it is after 10 pm or a Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post

DC Brau - The Corruption & On the Wing of Armageddon (which they're canning this year)
Bear Republic - Racer X
Ballast Point - Sculpin
Uh, Racer X has four previous mentions and Green Flash I believe two

Old 04-09-2013, 02:07 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,263,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I love DH 60, it's not over-the-top like the IPAs everybody raves about these days. At some point, the Bear Republics and Lagunitas (both great crafters, for sure) of the World will fade and Dogfish Head 60 Minute will remain as a solid mainstay.
I'm assuming that the craft brewers will adjust their portfolios as the beer drinker changes their tastes. Lagunitas has stuff at the low end of the bitterness spectrum, too. DH doesn't seem intent on growing too big, too, but lagunitas does.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:14 PM

Lagunitas is actually the IPA that got me drinking IPAs. I certainly hope they don't fade away I can live without Bear Republic though.

On another note, Blue Moon apparently has a new double IPA called Pine in the Neck that is a limited release. According to their website they are only releasing it as a 22 ounce bottle but I have read that some places have it on draught as well. I try pretty much anything they put out, so I am definitely looking forward to that hangover

Old 04-10-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Bear Republic - Racer X
Ballast Point - Sculpin
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post

Uh, Racer X has four previous mentions and Green Flash I believe two

Uh, read again Racer 5 HAS FOUR previous mentions not Racer X. (not the same) Green Flash the brewery has been mentioned a few times but no one mentioned Palate Wrecker. (not the same)

Last edited by mikebnllnb; 04-10-2013 at 04:04 PM..

Old 04-10-2013, 04:06 PM

Another addition to the list.

Lagunitas - Sucks

Old 04-10-2013, 08:47 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,684,283 times
Quote:
Uh, read again Racer 5 HAS FOUR previous mentions not Racer X. (not the same) Green Flash the brewery has been mentioned a few times but no one mentioned Palate Wrecker. (not the same)

How is that racer x? Is it like the racer 5, which is damn good.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:48 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,684,283 times
Quote:
Another addition to the list.

Lagunitas - Sucks
Good one. Lagunitas is always pushing the envelope. How about little sumpin sumpin? Damn good too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages