Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 11:05 AM

1,127 posts, read 1,725,599 times

Advertisements

Have returned from our trip and learned that the dry spell for Buffalo Trace products is just as dry in Kentucky as elsewhere in the country- nobody that we visited, even the big box spots, had BT in any way shape or form!
We did go to Heaven Hill and found a huge renovation in progress....much less product available for sale, and the gift shop area is now shrunk down to a small space at the end of the hall where the upper end tasting was held; the entire "museum" presentation is gone, and what used to be the gift shop area is now the tasting room.
They did have the Barrel Proof Larceny on site- limit of one bottle per person- and they had the Elijah Craig B159 Barrel, also limited sale.
The renovations at Willet are pretty amazing and when complete will be quite a showcase for the facilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 06:20 AM

29,752 posts, read 14,813,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
Have returned from our trip and learned that the dry spell for Buffalo Trace products is just as dry in Kentucky as elsewhere in the country- nobody that we visited, even the big box spots, had BT in any way shape or form!
We did go to Heaven Hill and found a huge renovation in progress....much less product available for sale, and the gift shop area is now shrunk down to a small space at the end of the hall where the upper end tasting was held; the entire "museum" presentation is gone, and what used to be the gift shop area is now the tasting room.
They did have the Barrel Proof Larceny on site- limit of one bottle per person- and they had the Elijah Craig B159 Barrel, also limited sale.
The renovations at Willet are pretty amazing and when complete will be quite a showcase for the facilities.
Wow, BT dry down there ?! BT and Eagle Rare are still relatively easy to find here....for the time being.

A barrel proof Larceny would be very interesting, hopefully you picked up a bottle.

Old 12-21-2019, 08:02 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,703,623 times
Just hit me that I should maybe check on here for some fellow drinkers (maybe some magnificent bastards) who live in my neck of the woods.

Old 12-27-2019, 12:10 PM

3,871 posts, read 4,095,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Several places around me either can't get Buffalo Trace, or you have to ask for it as they keep it in back.
Same way here in Charlotte NC.

Old 12-27-2019, 06:58 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,474,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
I'm finding it in stores I never saw it before. CO.

Old 12-28-2019, 11:44 AM

Just (finally) found ECBP C919 at a local store. If course theyd have it when im broke.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:34 AM

1,127 posts, read 1,725,599 times
We are still terribly dry for any of the Buffalo Trace products here- even EHTaylor is just about impossible to find this year, and last year it was easy to purchase in multiples at most liquor stores.
Ironically, and I may have already told this story- if so forgive the repeat, we went to Whitefish Montana last summer and could have purchased any of the BT products, EVERY version of the Orphan Barrel offerings, AND Elijah Craig in multiples . We were stunned- and desperately disappointed that we couldn't figure out how to get some back home. The store we visited had shelves FULL of all these brands- honestly, there were a dozen EC Barrel Proofs and at least 6 each of every Orphan Barrel- oops, no, they did not have the Blowhard- along with several other major brands. It was astonishing that a tiny village like this could be a literal treasure trove of Bourbons.
I guess there is a lot to be said for "right place, right time".

Oh, Scarabchuck, we did get a bottle of the Larceny, and it is delicious. It was an allocated single bottle purchase, so I wasn't able to get but one, but we will return this spring and try to get more. Its a lovely, well-balanced bourbon.

I am wondering if anyone has information about the final estimates regarding what was lost at Barton's when the rickhouse collapsed. There was quite a bit of speculation about what was lost and how much at the time of the tragedy, but I've been looking and haven't seen any further news about what was salvageable. Anyone out there have information on this?

Old 09-04-2020, 12:55 PM

1,297 posts, read 1,188,552 times
Just picked up some Evan Williams Single Barrel. Barrelled in 2011, bottled in 2019. $29.99 seemed like a reasonable price. I'm pleased to say that I find it very smooth and tasty. I don't usually drink Evan Williams (the regular kind.) I'm more of a Wild Turkey 101 drinker. This one is quite good though, and I'm glad I checked it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Bourbon Master Thread-capture-ew-sb.jpg  

Old 10-07-2020, 07:03 AM

2,623 posts, read 2,358,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
Just picked up some Evan Williams Single Barrel. Barrelled in 2011, bottled in 2019. $29.99 seemed like a reasonable price. I'm pleased to say that I find it very smooth and tasty. I don't usually drink Evan Williams (the regular kind.) I'm more of a Wild Turkey 101 drinker. This one is quite good though, and I'm glad I checked it out.
Great, easy to find drinker. Hard to find an almost 8 year aged bourbon for that price anymore.

Bourbon prices have gone too far!!!

Old 10-19-2020, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
I actually just finished a pour of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages