Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:41 AM

72 posts, read 195,806 times

Advertisements

I had Verizon when it was Airtouch. Best service I ever had. I had t-mobile and sprint, both were bad. I switched to Alltel and wasn't happy, was gonna switch back to Verizon but Verizon bought Alltel so I am happy again. Haven't heard anything negative about AT&T but unless you have an iphone I would go with Verizon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 10:24 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,357,885 times
I am guessing a possible reason why T-Mobile seems to be more popular than AT&T in Albuquerque is perhaps due to T-Mobile's lower prices (they are the cheapest of the four national carriers) vs. AT&T.

Also, T-Mobile has operated a GSM network in Albuquerque since they were VoiceStream, well before the old AT&T Wireless did (who intially used a TDMA/D-AMPS network), so T-Mobile had better coverage in the area that AT&T until recently when AT&T converted all of their TDMA towers to GSM/UMTS.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:50 PM

45 posts, read 109,157 times
I have AT&T and my girl has Verizon. Her Verizon gets way better coverage. If it weren't for the iPhone being AT&T exclusive I'd be on Verizon in a second.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:33 PM

923 posts, read 2,421,078 times
Another vote for Verizon. I used to have Alltel (who has now merged with Verizon) and AT&T before that, and neither worked at my house. Verizon works just about everywhere, although I get dropped calls at work, as does every person I work with, no matter the carrier. I work as far west as the city goes near the volcanoes, so I'm assuming there are no towers out there yet.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:12 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,623,512 times
I have Sprint, never changed it over when I moved from FL. Some dead spots (like anywhere else) and no complaints. Coverage here is about like anywhere else I've been. No signal in Taos, however.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:45 PM

657 posts, read 1,337,963 times
Looking for feedback on cell service/reception in Placitas. m close to the fire station. I'My contract with Verizon ran out a few months ago so I'm shopping...its awful tempting to get Sprint with their new rates, but not sure about service. Thanks!

Old 03-12-2010, 03:28 PM

19 posts, read 35,435 times
Sprint sux, in the last few months I have been overcharged more than $400. It's a regular thing with them. They also tack on fees with no notice. When you buy a new phone through them it automatically renews your contract. With AT&T and TMobile you can buy a phone and just change out the SIM. Oh, and I use my iPhone with TMobile.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:50 PM

5,047 posts, read 7,432,031 times
I have T-Mobile and don't get a signal where I work, while all my colleagues seem to. I guess it varies from spot to spot. I'm getting ready to switch, unless it means paying more.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:02 PM

1,567 posts, read 4,427,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
Looking for feedback on cell service/reception in Placitas. m close to the fire station. I'My contract with Verizon ran out a few months ago so I'm shopping...its awful tempting to get Sprint with their new rates, but not sure about service. Thanks!
I live in Placitas, too, and am happy with Verizon. I'd be even happier if they were to make a deal with Apple. I'd love to have an iPhone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque