Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:20 PM

83 posts, read 227,776 times

Advertisements

Anyone familar w/ Sagebrush Community Church? DH and I are starting to look at area churches. Thank you. Respectful responses only please. (I got some not so nice responses from another forum regarding churches)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 04:53 PM

141 posts, read 466,911 times
My boss goes there and really likes it. I was told they have several sessions of the same service so that leaves you with many options/times. Heard it is also very big, so it depends on if big churches are your thing. I don't personally go to any.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:00 PM

710 posts, read 2,962,119 times
My wife and I have been going there for just over 2.5 years and love it. It is big, but they use small groups and other activities so you don't get lost in the shuffle. There are 5 services at the Coors campus with anywhere from 750-1300 people per service. The Rio Rancho location has one service and probably 400 folks, so while it is a good size, you're not sitting in a 15,000 seat auditorium.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:33 PM

741 posts, read 2,923,033 times
My family loves Sagebrush, including our kids. Great people. Dynamic, relatable pastor(s). Fabulous music.

For us, we enjoy being part of a good-sized, growing church. But it never really feels TOO big. We tried Calvary for a while, but the size just seemed to overwhelm us.

And it never cease to amaze me how many people I run into from other parts of my life that attend Sagebrush (add finmqa1 to that list!).

You can check out the church website to get a taste of what recent services feel like...

Chap

Old 08-10-2009, 06:51 PM

Thanks for the replies. Hoping to find a good contemporary home church. Thinking it will also help us to make new friends. We'll see! I am honestly surprised w/ how big you all make it sound. And I thought my church here was big! haha.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:27 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,218,659 times
I like the shade structure on the southwest side of the church; very cool looking.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:40 PM

Chap,
I've been watching the series on line. I think I am really going to like it there! Looking forward to experiencing it in person! Hoping to meet lots of 20-30 somethings there too. Do you find it to be a very social church as well? Meaning people actually spend time with one another, form friendships, and do things for the church. Or do they go to church and then go their separate ways for the week?

Old 08-23-2009, 06:39 PM

923 posts, read 2,419,556 times
It's great. Yes, it's grown a lot and they now have a Rio Rancho campus with a video feed. Todd (the pastor) is like no other in this area. Truly fantastic and easy to relate to. The contemporary music is also very good. Lots of talent. They have small groups that you can join which meet once a week outside of the weekend services. That's the best way to get to know people.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:50 PM

Thank you for the input Lobo! I am hoping that finding a great church will really open up the avenues for my husband and I to make new friends as well. I grew up going to a church that is similar to Sagebrush. Hubby grew up Catholic but is open trying out a new church.(we started looking here a few months ago but I couldn't find anything comparable to what I was looking for. Sagebrush is exactly what I am looking for so far) I think something contemporary, friendly and Bible based will help the switch for him.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:16 PM

923 posts, read 2,419,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNwithFamily View Post
Thank you for the input Lobo! I am hoping that finding a great church will really open up the avenues for my husband and I to make new friends as well. I grew up going to a church that is similar to Sagebrush. Hubby grew up Catholic but is open trying out a new church.(we started looking here a few months ago but I couldn't find anything comparable to what I was looking for. Sagebrush is exactly what I am looking for so far) I think something contemporary, friendly and Bible based will help the switch for him.
Sounds like a great fit. Todd says people shouldn't just come to church -- they are the church. Besides small groups, they also have great children, women, and men's ministries. There are also opportunities/projects to help within the community that are done on the second Saturday of each month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque