Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2009, 07:44 AM

2 posts, read 17,677 times

Advertisements

Hi

I would like to know the requirements for adult (over 25 years old) to get first time driving license. Do he/she need to go through Graduated Licensing Program (3 steps licensing) or they can get unrestricted driving license immediately without GDL program?

Thank you

Last edited by cermincantik; 03-19-2009 at 09:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,750,943 times
From NM New Mexico dmv department of motor vehicles

Individuals who are age 25 or older are generally not required to take the "None for the Road" course.

applying for a first time New Mexico driver's license, you will be required to pass an eye exam. Written tests are required for all applicants who are applying for a first time driver's license

Road tests are required for first time applicants

Rich

Old 03-19-2009, 03:27 PM

2 posts, read 17,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
From NM New Mexico dmv department of motor vehicles
Individuals who are age 25 or older are generally not required to take the "None for the Road" course.

applying for a first time New Mexico driver's license, you will be required to pass an eye exam. Written tests are required for all applicants who are applying for a first time driver's license

Road tests are required for first time applicants
Rich

Thanks

Old 03-21-2009, 11:41 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,905,101 times
The biggest issues: you need to provide several documents proving identification, and several document proving residency. It can be a huge pain to get a NM driver's licence if you are an adult getting your first driver's licence. You'll see. MVD Express does a great job, use them.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:24 PM

173 posts, read 314,883 times
I got mine late, and the documents for getting a drivers license weren't any more excessive than what they need when starting a job (I don't recall everything I had to bring in, but I think that it was a piece of mail addressed to me and a Social security card)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque