Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 08:55 PM

6 posts, read 16,444 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, I am going be moving from out of state, to ABQ for the first time. I have searched the forums here before, but I have not been able to exactly pin point, one way or the other.

I have drawn a circle on the map, of the area I might be renting an apartment at tomorrow. I will not be able to visit the area....

I have seen posts saying to "stay away" from south east. But I want to know... is the red circled area a bad area? Whats bad about it? Shootings daily? Whats is bad about it?

Thank you everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
SouthEast Area-map.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 09:42 PM

Looking at the Bernalillo County, New Mexico, USA - Arrest List I am seeing 3-4 prostitution arrests everyday. Is that the worst that happens around the area?

Old 09-16-2008, 10:39 PM

9 posts, read 23,219 times
This was posted in another thread here:
Daily Crime Map

I just moved to that general area a couple of weeks ago, so far it seems fine during the daytime, it's sketchy at night (like any city, really). I don't know about shootings, but prostitution / possession / trespass / DWIs arrests are a daily thing.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:44 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,224,279 times
Wife and I both grew up in that neighborhood... enjoyed it very much!

Truckzter (sp?) moved there recently.

If you can possibly limit your search to South of Kathryn... I don't think you will have any issues.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:49 AM

Yeah, I read the Truckzter thread

By South of Kathryn, Do you mean Anderson Ave?

Old 09-17-2008, 08:09 AM

Are we talking about the Warren apartments near the veterans memorial?

If so, I'm going to have to say no. That is pretty hood.

There are some new(ish) (early 2000's) apartments to the North of the Warren.

Since we're narrowing this down... I would stay West of.... heck... here's a map...

There are also a few decent apartments on Gibson near San Pedro... there is actually a small apartment complex tucked away right here...

They look rough in front, but I'm telling you a friend of mine lived in a very nice two bedroom tucked away where the arrow is pointing, it had a fireplace and washer/dryer. Rent was a about $550. However, no gated parking.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:13 AM

Brandywood Park Apartments on Anderson

So Inside the orange areas you marked?

Old 09-17-2008, 10:24 AM

Hmmm... I don't know. They look nice enough.

However, upon further inspection... I found these dudes... giving us "the bird"

Maybe you should keep searching.

How about Lake and Racket...er, I mean The Pearl...

I know a few Sandia employees that live there... they are good people.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:26 AM

Are you in healthcare or engineering?

Why are you limiting your search to this area?

Old 09-17-2008, 10:30 AM

Here's a review of the Brandywood:

7/27/08

"The apartment complex is built like a square fort, with units all around the inner and outer sides. The grounds are kept quite clean and overall the complex is very pretty. There is a security gate that only opens with a personal code and a security guard on patrol at night. Both are necessary, however, as the apartments are not in a great part of town. The units are small, but comfortable, and most come with a microwave and decent closet space. The studios also have a built-in retractable room separator for more privacy. The air conditioner leaves something to be desired in the summer, as does the heater in the winter, but with all utilities included a fan and portable heater can finish the job. Comcast cable is included in the monthly rent and you can also receive a discount for high speed internet if interested. There is a small pool and an even smaller hot tub, both are in decent condition. There is also a "fitness center" on the grounds, however the selection of equipment is dated and in poor condition. Bugs are not much of an issue in this complex, but you will see one or two every now and then. As a whole I believe the apartments are priced reasonably at $450/month, however its not a fantastic value or a hidden luxury apartment....looks like you get what you pay for ; )"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque