Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2007, 05:19 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times

Advertisements

I read in the ABQ Journal today about a new Business Park ( Rio Del Sol) will break ground in Jan 2008 at the at I-25 and Rio Bravo. Another Business Park at Rio Bravo and Broadway is also planned.

A brand new 240 apartment complex will break ground in Feb 2008 on Gibson Blvd between University and Buena Vista.

Its about time they start building in Southern ABQ,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 09:26 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,401,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
I read in the ABQ Journal today about a new Business Park ( Rio Del Sol) will break ground in Jan 2008 at the at I-25 and Rio Bravo. Another Business Park at Rio Bravo and Broadway is also planned.

A brand new 240 apartment complex will break ground in Feb 2008 on Gibson Blvd between University and Buena Vista.

Its about time they start building in Southern ABQ,
Is that different than Mesa del Sol? I've been keeping an eye on that one - sounds very interesting. I'd like to live somewhere that is human and earth friendlier. From what I've read it's being promoted as a sustainable community. Maybe I could move down there without a job and find one.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:05 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingearth View Post
Is that different than Mesa del Sol? I've been keeping an eye on that one - sounds very interesting. I'd like to live somewhere that is human and earth friendlier. From what I've read it's being promoted as a sustainable community. Maybe I could move down there without a job and find one.
Yes its different than Mesa Del Sol as its south of the area (Airport and Kirtland AFB) that i'm talking about.

Mesa Del Sol is a Master Planned community that won't be completed until about 20 years from now. Currently there's Advent Solar (Solar Panel Manufactuer) and ABQ Studios (Film Production) out there but the Housing/parks/schools etc are suppossed to start in 2008.

I was out there a few weeks ago and there's alot of earth moving trucks out there and also lots of utility work going on all over there so they must be getting ready to construct soon.

As for moving without a job there were about 16 pages of job ads in the past Sunday paper and also lots of Temp agencies to at least get your feet on the ground as we use Temps all the time in the Office and Maintenance/Construction depts in the industry i'm in as there's a shortage of qualified people.

In fact thats how i got into my industry almost 13 years ago when i moved up here from Jacksonville, Florida.

Mesa del Sol: Home

Old 11-20-2007, 06:32 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,401,559 times
Thanks 6 Foot 3. That's good to know. When I moved here, I did it without a job and even the temp agencies didn't have work. Now that the reason I moved here (my daughter) has moved to PA and I'm finishing my BA, I'm looking for the courage and energy to move back. At least I have friends near Cedar Crest I can stay with while job hunting and looking for a place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque