Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 01:17 PM

108 posts, read 271,488 times

Advertisements

abqsunport said,

"ILOVEAUSTIN, I don't consider you a basher. You are a person with your own opinion. You don't ever insult Albuquerque in a destructive manner, and I appreciate that. Sure we don't always see eye to eye, but I feel like you give contributions to this board that other bashing posters don't."

Thank you for this! I consider your posts very informative and well thought out. I definitely see a lot of good in ABQ. I am trying to point this out more and more instead of just the things I dislike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 12:52 PM

93 posts, read 309,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmikker View Post
it just makes me sad...lol living in La Union (which is right next to El Paso) for 18 years i really hated El Paso. ABQ is a god send, to youth like me, i like seeing progress and things done smart. i never got that from El Paso, it was never pretty. but the people are so awesome. i have many friends there and they will probably never leave El Paso. which i am fine with. i still like going to see them and going out i just would never leave ABQ either, its me, its got Denver mixed with Portland Mixed with Phoenix which Makes it Albuquerque! El Paso is not "me" i guess. with that said they are completely different from one another you cant compare (unless population) witch shouldn't matter, its the quality of life how YOU live it. people are different, i cant see how people in these blogs don't see it and it brigs out the wost of them and it make us ALL look bad.
Shmikker, When did you live in La Union? I lived there for a short time in the early 80's. Such a small world!

Old 06-03-2008, 09:12 PM

90 posts, read 251,142 times
REALLY!! yeah i did from like 1985 to 2006-2007ish yeah i love that town its still got allot of cool things like the La Union restrant/bar and now a few really good Winery's like La Vina and Zin Valle, you should go back and check it out.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
I think I would be Ok in Albuquerque but I want a smaller town. That is why I am interested in the Socorro area. Plenty of services, a University (I am an environmental scientist) where I can use the library or take classes, and the possibility of owning some farm land just outside of town or a small house in the city.

I have lived in New York City, but am a small town/exurban person and even Albuquerque seems too large.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:00 AM

93 posts, read 309,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmikker View Post
REALLY!! yeah i did from like 1985 to 2006-2007ish yeah i love that town its still got allot of cool things like the La Union restrant/bar and now a few really good Winery's like La Vina and Zin Valle, you should go back and check it out.
Well, I was there when i was a little kid. I think we moved from there in 1985! I really haven't been back since, but I remember it very clearly. I remember the La Union market store on the corner of main street, I learned to drive in those narrow streets! next time I'm in El Paso, I'll make it a point to take a drive through the town.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:42 PM

7 posts, read 25,389 times
I grew up in New Mexico, and personally love it. It has culture, but most people wouldn't assume it does, since it lies in the desert. The education is well taken care of (Albuquerque Public Schools, APS) and all but a few schools are in a great condition. Go downtown and see some diversity, and then head up to the Sandia Mountains for the longest continous tram ride in the country. Look at the landscape and you will love it. It is so unique, what with the moutains, the valley, the land by the Rio Grande and much more. I highly recommend ABQ.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:14 AM

1 posts, read 995 times
I am concidering a move to Albuquerque this Nov10. I was there in the winter and will visit in Aug10 to make my disission. I did some research while there and found that the NE side will be more sutible for me. Im a DAV and like to be close to the VA hospital and Kirkland AFB. Now Im in Boston and my rent is $1571 a month for 2 BR 2 Bath. Nice area but I think its time for a change. While I was in NM I really did like it, and I really thought people were very nice. Please help me out with any info as Im making this move alone and on a wim. In my heart I feel Its the place I want to be. Robb

Old 06-18-2010, 01:47 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,078,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW
.... I am interested in the Socorro area. ...
I am interested in seeing you post some stuff - from - the Soccoro area.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:12 PM

1,566 posts, read 4,423,203 times
My take is that most of the folks on the Abq forum are honest and have good intentions. By reading the posts in this forum, anyone thinking about moving here would have an accurate feel on this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque