Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2007, 12:47 PM

7 posts, read 17,501 times

Advertisements

Hi, all!

My husband and I are considering moving to Albuquerque for his job. He would be working just north of the 40 and 25 intersection, around Montano/Montgomery. From the research I have done the schools seem to be best up in this area, and although we do not yet have kids we hope to as soon as we get settled. I have read many posts on here about safe areas and so forth, and found all of the information very helpful. I am posting because I would like more specific information if possible.

Our budget would be under $200000, but we'd like to keep it around $175000 if possible. From what I've seen, that will be hard, but we don't want to stretch our budget too much. Also, we would like 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, but we may consider going smaller if the price is very under our budget and it's close to work. Possibly a 2 bedroom and 1.5/1.75 bath. We may even decide to rent for a while until we know the area better and save up to get what we want. However, this would be hard as I have two small dogs who need access to a fenced yard, and when I look at rental homes the rent seems about what we would pay in a mortgage so we wouldn't really save any money.

I am interested in knowing what the neighborhoods are closest to that area. My husband would like no more than a 15 minute commute, and if he could avoid the highway that would probably make it shorter. If you know a neighborhood name with houses in that range that would be great, especially if they are around 15-20 years old or newer. If you know any rental property/apartment/townhouse that would suit our needs I'd love that info as well. Especially areas near a grocery/Walmart would be wonderful.

Before everyone mentions it, yes I've read that Rio Rancho (and other areas east of the river) are newer and the dollar will go father there, but what is most important to us is my husband having a short commute, and of course also, safety and schools as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque