Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2013, 08:17 PM

9 posts, read 12,333 times

Advertisements

I did search this forum and the Internet before posting, but I'm not finding much. Any suggestions would be appreciated! What I have found is given below. Any opinions on these would also be appreciated.

Roxbury
Oakwood - many choices, haven't researched any since they don't post rental rates online
Villa la Charles
Broad stone High Desert - sounds expensive, especially for short-term rentals

I didn't realize it would be this hard to find something, but maybe most people save up & plan this out in advance. Everything is so uncertain right now & I just don't want to commit to a year lease right now.

I don't suppose there is some type of organization to provide guidance to someone moving out/separating? The idea/cost of hiring a lawyer at this point is terrifying/embarrassing for some reason.

Anyway, thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 09:05 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
There are a lot of threads (25+) regarding apartments, these are the largest, if you haven't gone through them yet:
Apartments in Albuquerque
Google Docs Spreadsheet of ABQ Apartments

Old 12-07-2013, 10:09 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,288,395 times
Also check out VRBO for privately-owned furnished casitas/condos. They're short-term but work deals for longer-term folks. We recently rented a 1/1 in Old Town/Duranes that rents for 1,225 a month, but it's always worth a shot to see if you can get a better deal.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:12 PM

Thanks for the search links. I have looked through a lot of them.
I think it is the following criteria that is making this more challenging:
1. Furnished
2. Short term lease; month-month preferable
3. No more than $1000/mo

The first two criteria can be met using corporate housing apartment options. But, all the ones I've found are closer to $2000/mo. To get the flexibility of short term rental, I guess you just pay more. Maybe that works since a company or someone renting short-term while looking for a house is able to pay more.
I'm trying to get what I think typically is doable for a 1 year lease on a short term lease and hoping for a miracle I guess...

Old 12-08-2013, 06:54 PM

Jackabedy,
Thanks for the VRBO suggestion and links. I never considered vacation rentals that could be done monthly and maybe extended longer term. I'll look into that and see if I can either find something under $1000/mo or see if someone would come down a little to get closer to that rate.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:57 PM

83 posts, read 122,021 times
I've been looking around a lot for a furnished apt for my niece, so I know how slim the pickings are, especially if you can't do a 1yr lease. Of the places you list, I think The Roxbury is the nicest. If their rates and location work for you, that's the place I'd pick.

I'm sure you looked on Craigslist already, but did you see these listings?:

Furnished loft,avail long or short term - Edith can be sketchy in places, but parts of it, nearer Downtown, are quite nice.

Furnished Casita in Peaceful Area - These people don't specify a lease term, so maybe they'd be willing to work with you. It's a gorgeous area.

Another place to look online is the UNM off-campus housing listing service: The University of New Mexico - Off-Campus Housing . Many of the listings are privately owned and if there's a vacancy in a place listed there at this time of year, most likely the owner will consider a short-term rental until May, June or August.

One last thought is SunVillage. I lived there years ago when I first moved to Abq, and at that time they offered furnished and unfurnished units (not sure if that's still the case). The location is pretty good, with tons of parking, and the units were clean, bright and well-managed. They did 1 mo, 3 mo, 6 mo and 1 yr leases when I lived there.

Sorry you're going through such a difficult change. Best of luck to you and good wishes for the new year.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:45 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
I am staying in a 30 day corporate apartment rental in ABQ that is fully furnished and 1 bedroom 650 sq feet but it is almost $100 per day.

A vacation rental is probably cheaper but probably not by much.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:02 AM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,306,473 times
There is always the Warren apts....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque