Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 01:40 AM

269 posts, read 784,301 times

Advertisements

Back when I was single and in college I was having a hard time finding a good date in Daytona Beach. I went to an engineering school where men greatly outnumbered women, but I also didn't share much in common with the locals. I used dating sites and I met both good and bad people to connect with. I've met some at bars, and I can only say bad things. And I did some extra-curricular stuff with the school that introduced me to girls (mostly as friends, but friends have single friends).

I did recently do a hike through Meetup.com, and while I'm married now and was just looking to hike, there were definitely some approachable and friendly girls in the group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 04:21 PM

83 posts, read 122,207 times
OK, This is more of a personal tip than a location tip, but don't move somewhere just to get laid or to have a girlfriend. Move somewhere that will make you a more interesting person -- somewhere you can advance your career, explore hobbies and activities you love (or where you can find new ones), where you can see cool things and learn about the world and yourself. Becoming a more well-rounded, self-sufficient, happy and successful person will attract women. I promise. Also, people can smell desperation and will run the other way. You'll probably have more success if you just focus on something else entirely. What's your degree in? Maybe you can get some input here as to where to get a great job in your field, and that will take you closer to your other goal.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:06 PM

201 posts, read 292,111 times
Being a semi-frequent brewery patron, I've seen plenty of attractive 20/30 somethings around. I've been to many cities, and there's no way the dating scene and population size of eligible women is any worse here than others. On the contrary, it is far better here than military town/cities and many east coast towns.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:12 PM

201 posts, read 292,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noachosky View Post
Guys, it's not about University. Albuquerque is weird and closed off... It is indeed very difficult to find a decent educated potential mate in abq, especially if you are not from here or you're not white or hispanic. As harsh as it sounds it is the truth..
How? Most of the women I've dated, I've met online first (match.com, my friend 'Craig', etc). The highly educated pool may be a bit smaller than that of west coast/major hubs, but it's still a fairly sizable market. If you have really specific requirements, sign up to an online dating site and filter your 'special' requirements. I could understand if you're looking to date black, or asian, as there's a smaller population of those ethnicity's, but go wild and try something new! If you're a unique flower, there's always someone out there with a preference (fetish) for your uniqueness!

Old 08-04-2016, 11:53 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,095,534 times
Albuquerque

Santa Fe

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque