Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 12:29 PM

146 posts, read 326,008 times

Advertisements

I have come to the conclusion I have too many clothes, bags and shoes, and I am ready to part with some of them. That, and now that I have this awesome yard and weather, I could really use some beautiful outdoor living room furniture . I'd like to consign a lot of this stuff. Do you know of any place that would be interested in name brands such as Ferragamo, Magli, Tods,Chanel, Gucci, (ok, so I had more money and less sense in my former career, lol) etc? It's all ladies stuff, all in good to new condition, and no, I am not about to bother with ebay. I don't expect to get tons of money for it at all, but better than yard sale prices if I can.

As always, thanks for your advice. No one here has steered my wrong yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 01:06 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,743,295 times
eBay would be the best bet, that is where I've been selling a pallet load of Gianfranco Ferre shoes which I received on consignment earlier this year.

Other than that there is a consignment store downtown which 'specializes' in designer clothing called 2 time couture. She seemed nice enough on the phone, I never met her though.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:58 PM

548 posts, read 1,217,808 times
2 time couture is the only store of that type that I personnaly know of (on central).

Old 06-13-2011, 02:30 PM

146 posts, read 326,008 times
That sounds perfect, thanks! I just can't do ebay. I tried, but it's too big a hassle.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:53 PM

184 posts, read 805,419 times
There is also "What Goes Around" 505-858-1067 Corner of Academy and San Mateo (corner store next to Tuesday Morning and in the same shopping center as "Sunflower Market"..

I have not brought clothes in, but I like to look to buy in there occasionally. They have higher quality items (chicos/ coldwater creek...)

I am surprised though, (and whether this is a NM thing).. but the consignment terms of WGA is 40/60... 40% to consignor 60% to the store... These terms are def not what I am used to from living in other states... maybe 50/50 or 60/40... but not 40/60... again, perhaps that's one of those 'pay to play' schemas here in NM... but i'd be interested in knowing terms that 2 Time Couture offers you.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:49 PM

96 posts, read 289,984 times
I'm not positive if they are still open, but Ritzy Rags on Yale toward the airport services a more mature and less trendy clientel. I actually bought my wedding dress there. I've bought and sold there and have found them to be pretty fair.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:53 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,743,295 times
You could look for an eBay trading assistant and pay them a commission.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:02 AM

265 posts, read 809,024 times
So glad you posted this question, I am in the same mood / mode and intend to get rid of ALL my former career clothes ... will definitely check out these shops!

And what about Buffalo Exchange on Central, has anyone tried that one? Or is it all tragically hip stuff? I've read that they buy your things outright rather than consigning ...

And for any items you want to donate, that don't make your consignment list I mean, I recommend the thrift shop run by Animal Humane on Virginia St. All proceeds go to the puppies & kitties ... they also get new items as donations, it's a *great* place to buy pet carriers and beds cheap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque