Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 05:00 PM

3 posts, read 7,346 times

Advertisements

you must not have been in the UNM Student "Ghetto" recently, i had the infamous "Graffitti House", which was tore down at my request..now in 2012 the UNM Student Ghetto Flowers Beautifully as it always has w/DIVERSITY..i miss the Graffitti House and all THE GREAT ARTISTS that came and painted my house so Beautifully!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 01:09 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
Hey, I was your neighbor just a couple blocks away. Welcome to the forum.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:14 PM

141 posts, read 222,858 times
There was another house at the corner of Cornell and Silver that was covered with punk rock graffiti in the 80's until it was eventually painted over in 1990 or '91 if I remember correctly. I went to a quite a few parties and shows there. It was called "The Nursery"

Old 04-02-2012, 07:08 PM

The nursery is still there (don't know if it is still called that, though) and it is still kind of a 'punk rock house'. It is not covered with graffiti anymore but part of its fence is made of old skateboard decks.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:41 AM

141 posts, read 222,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The nursery is still there (don't know if it is still called that, though) and it is still kind of a 'punk rock house'. It is not covered with graffiti anymore but part of its fence is made of old skateboard decks.
Im still pretty involved in the local punk scene and in the three and a half years I've been back in Albuquerque, there hasn't been any punk rock activity there that Im aware of, As far as I know, since the early 90's. It's just another house in the "student ghetto" as far as I know.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:11 AM

I'm old enough that 3.5 years is negligible :-)

Old 10-16-2020, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 601 times
I did frequent there as a teen and knew the mother, Janna and her sons Chris and Gene. She was a real bad junkie. I started going there as a teen to score weed from the sons who were barely around 8 and 9 at the time. Even back then, it shocked me that the boys were as young as they were and selling weed, but that's where my friends and I went. Few years later when I was pregnant, my boyfriend at the time and I stayed there for a couple of weeks with Janna and a few other people when we had nowhere else to go. The inside of te place was pretty horrific as far as no electricity, proper running water, lots of ppl would use the bathtub as a toilet, the bugs were the biggest I had ever seen inside of any house prior to that.
After moving out, we still went there to hang out in the equally graffitied shed to smoke weed. There was an instance where the house was being surveilled and a group of us were in the shed smoking weed, oblivious to the surveillance. Next thing we knew, guns were being shoved into the shed doors and we were being ordered to drop our needles and come out. It was FN crazy. We were let go, minus our weed and paraphernalia, but we never went back to Stanford house again after that. I did run into the one son Gene again about 4 years after that incident at the Subway near there on Central, but he was REAL bad looking from drugs.

Old 10-26-2020, 03:42 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,510,474 times
I was at the Smith's in the "ghetto" yesterday. Smaller store but very nice, nicer than I thought it would be. If I were alone I'd live in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque