Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 10:38 AM

50 posts, read 75,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKStafford View Post
Whatever is cheapest... Avis, Hertz, etc... Most of the major car rental companies have a counter at the airport. Are moving to Palmer? At some point, you'll need to return the rental car to the airport...
Or, you can catch the People Mover bus route 7A at the airport and go to the Downtown Transit Center. From there you can catch the Valley Mover bus to the Park-N-Ride at Trunk Road. Then you can switch to Mascot to get to Palmer. Cheap, but not easy if you have luggage and a child.
Timetables
Valley Mover
MASCOT [Mat-Su Transit]
Thank you! After spending all the time on the plane I think I had better just rent a car. I just may have to move when it is not crazy winter driving. I live in Michigan but generally don't have to drive anymore when the roads are bad. (And there aren't moose to worry about.) Yes, I am planning to move to Palmer. But you know what they say about the best laid plans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 05:25 AM

50 posts, read 75,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceme View Post
Wow. Do you do standup?

Old 02-22-2015, 02:55 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,651 times
It's always entertaining (not in a fun way) to me to watch people sink extreme amounts of cash to move their precious "guns and ammo" around. I have a family member who plans all of his moves based on where his guns are allowed to go. good grief.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:12 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,694,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
It's always entertaining (not in a fun way) to me to watch people sink extreme amounts of cash to move their precious "guns and ammo" around. I have a family member who plans all of his moves based on where his guns are allowed to go. good grief.
I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Not any different then people coming on here stating that they are homosexuals and wanting to know if the area they are moving to is homosexual friendly. Or like the athiest not wanting to live in areas heavily populated by Christians. Nothing wrong at all with a person wanting to ensure that his 2nd Amendment rights are secure.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:45 PM

978 posts, read 2,054,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
I won't move any place where my guns aren't allowed or to a state with strict gun laws. Guns and shooting are my hobbies. Heck, I don't even like driving through anti-gun states. Nor will I give them my money. When I drive through Illinois, I give them no money and make no stops except for bathroom.

If you were interested in baseball, but Massachusetts restricted where, when, and why you can play it, would you want to move there?

Old 02-27-2015, 03:49 AM

134 posts, read 195,612 times
I moved my stuff from Houston, TX by ABF container to WA. They brought the container out to my house. I packed it and they took it away to my destination storage shed, where I unloaded it. Before I left, I sold stuff on craigslist, gave stuff away, left stuff for the people who bought my house, and still did not get rid of enough. After living here with no replacement house for nearly a decade, my stuff still in storage, I have a different perspective on possessions (at least it's cheaper storage there than here). Some of what is in storage is irreplaceable, other stuff I should have made more of an effort to get rid of. ABF could have taken it all the way to AK, but I had no destination, and still haven't bought a house here. This summer I hope to finally have my own place again, and hope to fly down to WA to sell off everything I can, and bring my keepers what will fit into a medium to small sized uhaul and bring that up on the ferry. I love riding on the ferry. But even though the ferry only crosses the gulf during the summer, it's not every day, so my preferred route would be to go to Haines & cross the canadian border. But the border isn't open 24 hours for entering into canada. so you might have to stay the night in Haines. Beautiful place. Any type of transportation of anything/anyone into/out of/through Alaska is an adventure and lots of posts/threads already on. Milepost, like mentioned earlier, is a necessity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska