Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:07 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,566,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Welcome back. Glad you made it out of there alive considering so many here were predicting the gulf would simply collapse into a giant black hole, extinguishing any and all life for the next 1000 millenia!
Yeah, it was kind of a "Non Event" which really bumed me out....

All sorts of wild news reports of the world coming to an end, then a final wrap of "where did all the oil go"...?

Weird....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
hey your not done down there yet! Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution researcher found a 22 mile long underwater oil plume!!!! welcome home though!
Woods Hole says oil trapped deep, degrading very slowly - The Boston Globe
Yeah, they claimed the "Bacteria" is eating it and making "Dead Zones" in the ocean when all the Oxygen is eaten up!!!!

Reality is that when you breath in Oxygen out you emit Carbon Dioxide, when plants breath in Carbon Dioxide, they breath out Oxygen.

The Plankton is going nuts now that it has Carbon Dioxide to breath... and of course puts out Oxygen... I think that was taught in about the third grade.

The largest oil spill in the World was when Saddam blew up and cut all the oil pipes in the Kuwait coast line in 1991. Nobody did any kind of cleanup, and there is no oil now to be found in the water.

If you can't scare the hell out of them on top of the water, then go down below!

Old 08-25-2010, 01:40 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,020,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Yeah, it was kind of a "Non Event" which really bumed me out....

All sorts of wild news reports of the world coming to an end, then a final wrap of "where did all the oil go"...?

Weird....
Don't know if you saw it, but at one point they even had some fool from CNN out with a UV lamp deparately searching for oil on the beaches. I think he found a couple tarballs that later tested to be from a completely different source!

Old 08-25-2010, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Don't know if you saw it, but at one point they even had some fool from CNN out with a UV lamp deparately searching for oil on the beaches. I think he found a couple tarballs that later tested to be from a completely different source!
Yeah, Fox news showed up at Bayou Caddy for a few days. Some fishermen took them directly out to where there was a "Massive fish kill"... Seems that if it was the oil, the fish would have been dead all along the gulf coast not in one small area.

I wouldn't have put it past some of them to put poison into the water and kill fish to make a 'blame the oil game", the next day all the dead fish were gone. Seems these guys knew exactly where to take the news crews as it happened.

I really hate that type of crap, if there is truly an issue then deal with it, but to create one by killing hundreds of fish as a ploy, that is even more criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: