Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2024, 03:51 PM

17,815 posts, read 13,713,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I don't doubt that. But the statement 'less racism than any other place in America'? Surely you don't agree with something that detached from reality.
Sadly, racism is now cloaked in politics. But at least people are friendly on the surface these days. As long as nobody sees your voter registration card it is all good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2024, 04:00 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,908,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Sadly, racism is now cloaked in politics. But at least people are friendly on the surface these days. As long as nobody sees your voter registration card it is all good.
Here in Alabama our voters registration card does not signify party, our primaries are open as they all should be.

Old 02-02-2024, 05:02 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,396,965 times
Thanks, Greg, I do appreciate the positive constructive thoughts. Puerto Rico? Wow. I bet that was an experience.

Old 04-22-2024, 11:00 PM

2,680 posts, read 1,381,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
OK, instead of throwing mud, throw some facts out there on exactly WHAT Alabama avoids in worker protection?
Right to work laws, don't go there as that is actually protection for the employee!
Right to work is actually a protection for the employee???

Old 04-22-2024, 11:34 PM

2,680 posts, read 1,381,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Without implying anything, I wonder if her apparently being a "conservative of color" means she sides with DeSantis on the new AA history curriculum or with Tim Scott and Byron Donalds. There's being conservative and there's taking it to bad extremes just like they correctly accuse the most extreme elements of the left doing (one way I try to put it so people understand the issue better and what is wrong with it even if the rest of the curriculum is sound is what if that was implied about labor camps with Holocaust education?)

Anyway the reason I say it is she's wrong about that a state's far far right abortion stance shouldn't be a factor in the rankings. Thanks to the extreme AL and some other states took it and the trans stuff there are now a significant amount of people who would NEVER relocate for a job there so it's a factor, I know some people who quit solid jobs they did for 10 or 20 years and moved from Florida (and from relatively liberal South Florida to boot) for just these reasons. There's a big difference between cutting it to 12 or 15 weeks (like ironically most of liberal western Europe does) and having complete exceptions for rape and incest (the real concern most have as well as doctors being afraid to treat "life of the mother" situations as opposed to the general extent it's allowed) vs how this is playing out (I mention trans but am mostly focusing on abortion because it's part of the article and far more people would move over that than over trans).
There are also quite a lot of people who are not members of those groups who would nevertheless never move to Alabama because they are dismayed at how the unfortunate folks who are members of those groups and who live in Alabama are being treated.

Old 04-23-2024, 06:46 AM

18 posts, read 13,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Right to work is actually a protection for the employee???
Yes, it protects the employee from having to join the union and paying union dues for something they do not believe in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama