Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 04:56 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I just submitted a thread making a suggestion for the reputation system, which was expediently addressed by markablue (thanks, by the way). It turns out I just had a bit of a "senior moment."

Anyhow, I see that there are currently two stickies on this forum---one for "Compliments" and one for "Complaints." Could we start a third one for "Suggestions?" The thread I posted several minutes ago (along with this one if you want to be technical), are not really appropriate for a general "About the Forum" section (at least I don't think so), but they would fit appropriately under a third "Suggestions" sticky. Doing this would help to de-clutter the About the Forum section even further and make it more user-friendly.

A lot of us have ideas that might make City-Data operate more smoothly and efficiently. For example, my last idea of implementing a graduated system of repping power based upon the interval that a member's reputation happened to fall within probably would have been a good idea (and been successfully implemented), had it not ALREADY been part of this forum all along (D'oh! I'm a clutz! LOL!) However, I'm sure many others out there also have ideas that could make City-Data the best it could be. There truly are no "stupid" ideas; the "dumbest" idea is the one never pitched, is it not? If I hadn't whined and nagged like a Desperate Housewife nearly a year ago for a new Northeastern PA sub-forum, then just imagine how cluttered the General PA forum would be today. Another member plead her case for a new cancer team, and that is really starting to take off now. I've made many friends on here who also have some very good ideas and some very bright minds. Why not give us a spot to pitch our ideas to help out?

Thanks for the consideration!
-Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 04:54 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Any opinions? Yes? No? Shut up, SWB?

Old 03-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,123,272 times
Looking at past suggestion threads in this forum, I think the issue with putting all suggestions in a single thread is that the bosses here view some suggestions worthy of further consideration and others very unworthy of consideration. It would be difficult to focus discussion on worthy suggestions if all suggestions were in the same thread.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:35 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Looking at past suggestion threads in this forum, I think the issue with putting all suggestions in a single thread is that the bosses here view some suggestions worthy of further consideration and others very unworthy of consideration. It would be difficult to focus discussion on worthy suggestions if all suggestions were in the same thread.
Bowie,,, if you’re saying “don’t mix and match” then I agree. Each suggestion should have it’s own thread to minimize confusion.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,123,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Bowie,,, if you’re saying “don’t mix and match” then I agree. Each suggestion should have it’s own thread to minimize confusion.
I was thinking more of how difficult it would be to moderate a single suggestion thread, but I agree with your reason too.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:18 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Yeah,,, confusion for both moderators and others reading the thread. Some threads already get off track “hijacked” for one reason or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum