Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2023, 06:49 PM

4,217 posts, read 4,885,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by townhm View Post
I don't have to go there to know the obvious differences in history and culture between California and Texas. It's because they're so obvious that I think it's absurd to suggest the differences between California and Texas are "skin deep". How? No they aren't. And no two Australian states are as different.
I said they come pretty close. Meh. Good luck answering your questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2023, 06:52 PM

54 posts, read 33,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakery Hill View Post
When was the last time your were in Darwin and Hobart?
I haven't been to either. I'm from Penrith and I've gone to Melbourne, Canberra and Brisbane, most notably, and have road-tripped around Queensland, NSW, and Victoria. Globally, I've been to London a couple times because I have family there. That's the extent of my travels.

Old 02-28-2023, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I haven't been to either. I'm from Penrith and I've gone to Melbourne, Canberra and Brisbane, most notably, and have road-tripped around Queensland, NSW, and Victoria. Globally, I've been to London a couple times because I have family there. That's the extent of my travels.
People in Penrith walk around talking up how Sydney is our New York? I doubt that.

Old 02-28-2023, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
People in Penrith walk around talking up how Sydney is our New York? I doubt that.
I heard it at school when I was younger and online. I thought it was something a lot of people did. I've seen Canadians talk about Toronto being similar to NYC online, but I'm not sure how similar they actually are.

Old 02-28-2023, 08:17 PM

2,295 posts, read 1,513,381 times
Quote:
Tell us more about your life in Penrith. It will help to answer your initial questions. Occupation, education?

Old 02-28-2023, 08:18 PM

284 posts, read 330,854 times
Same imposter who's repeatedly made new accounts and got in trouble for each guys. Too predictable

Old 02-28-2023, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
I don't think this thread is "How Similar are NYC and Sydney" ... it is, "Based on the criteria given, which city would meet this better?"

I will agree, if you were trying to find similar cities in America you would look at places like San Diego, San Francisco, Boston, Seattle or DC... but maybe the OP has a job offer in both of these places. You don't know. That is the point of comparisons.
When the OP quotes people saying “Sydney is our New York” , to me that implies a comparison.

Old 02-28-2023, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciTydude123 View Post
Same imposter who's repeatedly made new accounts and got in trouble for each guys. Too predictable
Taking a new tack, I find it quite amusing!

Old 02-28-2023, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
Tell us more about your life in Penrith. It will help to answer your initial questions. Occupation, education?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciTydude123 View Post
Uh, no, and also why get so mad? You’ve mostly tried to derail the thread. Let’s get bacon topic.

Old 02-28-2023, 09:22 PM

Quote:
I heard it at school when I was younger and online.
At Penrith high? They were talking about how much like NY Sydney was? Hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World