Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 02:15 PM

3,920 posts, read 3,658,962 times

Advertisements

I am not kidding in the least. I made this thread over 8 years ago.....just before I started playing World of Warcraft. And here I am, 8 years later, having just come back to City Data as more than an occasional stop. I just didn't have time for City Data anymore. WoW took up all of my free computer time. I mean, don't get me wrong, I wasn't addicted per say. I still did everything else in the world I needed to do, including but not limited to still spending time with my family. But any other free time I had on a computer was spent playing WoW. I pretty much gave up console games. And yes, I still play now. Only now, I don't play as often. I still like the game, but I've finally gotten to the point where I like to do other things more than going to grind out dailies! I just couldn't believe it when I was looking through my old threads. I had forgotten all about this one about trying WoW! Update: I love it!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 01:18 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,038,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I am not kidding in the least. I made this thread over 8 years ago.....just before I started playing World of Warcraft. And here I am, 8 years later, having just come back to City Data as more than an occasional stop. I just didn't have time for City Data anymore. WoW took up all of my free computer time. I mean, don't get me wrong, I wasn't addicted per say. I still did everything else in the world I needed to do, including but not limited to still spending time with my family. But any other free time I had on a computer was spent playing WoW. I pretty much gave up console games. And yes, I still play now. Only now, I don't play as often. I still like the game, but I've finally gotten to the point where I like to do other things more than going to grind out dailies! I just couldn't believe it when I was looking through my old threads. I had forgotten all about this one about trying WoW! Update: I love it!!!!
Too funny. Obviously, I never saw your original post 8 years ago, but I saw this post pop up and got a bit excited for a 'new WoW player'. I've been playing since Lich and even though I don't play as much as I used to, I still love the game and it is completely worth the 15 a month.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Too funny. Obviously, I never saw your original post 8 years ago, but I saw this post pop up and got a bit excited for a 'new WoW player'. I've been playing since Lich and even though I don't play as much as I used to, I still love the game and it is completely worth the 15 a month.
Absolutely! I started at the same time. I am also psyched about the announcement from BlizzCon about legacy servers. Now those of us who started late get to experience the game in it's original form. Can't wait.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Absolutely! I started at the same time. I am also psyched about the announcement from BlizzCon about legacy servers. Now those of us who started late get to experience the game in it's original form. Can't wait.
I can't either. I just hope Blizzard doesn't try and charge extra for it.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:17 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,491,990 times
Quote:
What is this? I played WoW I guess 13 years ago. I think when it first came out. I loved it but then I just didn’t have time for it and, frankly, I didn’t care for the expansions much and always getting auto invited to raids. Life got busy and I stopped playing. I was just think the other day that I kind of miss vanilla WoW. Is that what these legacy severs are? If so, I might be tempted to play again, from the beginning.

Last edited by BellaLind; 11-13-2017 at 03:26 PM..

Old 11-13-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
What is this? I played WoW I guess 13 years ago. I think when it first came out. I loved it but then I just didn’t have time for it and, frankly, I didn’t care for the expansions much and always getting auto invited to raids. Life got busy and I stopped playing. I was just think the other day that I kind of miss vanilla WoW. Is that what these legacy severs are? If so, I might be tempted to play again, from the beginning.
From the limited information provided, yes I believe it will be just like vanilla WoW. They will be on dedicated servers, but at Blizzcon, they didn't give out much more information than that. You might be able to comb through the forums on WoW's website for more details, but at this stage, you will have to sift through a lot of speculation.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:27 PM

35,282 posts, read 31,645,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
From the limited information provided, yes I believe it will be just like vanilla WoW. They will be on dedicated servers, but at Blizzcon, they didn't give out much more information than that. You might be able to comb through the forums on WoW's website for more details, but at this stage, you will have to sift through a lot of speculation.
The key to success is putting it on the Naxx patch.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:42 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,347,227 times
I had great memories with WOW. Started the first day it went live. Hands down, one of the most fun game I ever played. But it wasn't a perfect game but it was fun. When I log into the game, I can forget about real life for those few hours.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:35 PM

994 posts, read 982,290 times
I got to level 80 and got bored . Havent played since .

Old 11-28-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
The key to success is putting it on the Naxx patch.
Oh yeah, it would be awesome to actually be able to do original Naxx. You can still go to the original gateway and even see it in the background if you fly around the area, but you can't get in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games