Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 04:08 PM

14,701 posts, read 14,677,787 times

Advertisements

This is interesting, because up to now they have refused to release remastered versions of their old gen games, even when public demand was high (i.e. Red Dead Redemption). I never played it, but from what I read the graphics were excellent for when they were released and may transfer well to PC/PS4/XB1.

What do you guys think?

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com...ng-November-14
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 05:12 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,405,637 times
I'd play it again, but not until it goes on sale. A very underrated game imo, that and Mafia 2

Old 09-09-2017, 01:22 PM

29,526 posts, read 22,714,341 times
When I first read about the game in development, it seemed exciting, an open world LA cop game. The facial expressions in particular were supposed to be amazing (mouth movement matching the voice).

However, in looking at people playing the game, it seemed rather unexciting, the same gaming mechanic over and over where you have to chase suspects, interrogate them, etc. etc.

Might be worth a second look.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:37 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,735,806 times
Oh, that's unexpected.
I completed the game when it came out and I really liked it, though while the story was great, gameplay was.. uneven. If they address some of these issues (like the god awful driving mechanics and collision detection that made some chases really frustrating), I look forward to giving it another go. Especially since the first time around my detective work wasn't as stellar as I tought it was and I sent at least 2 innocent people to the electric chair..

Old 09-11-2017, 07:35 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,194,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
When I first read about the game in development, it seemed exciting, an open world LA cop game. The facial expressions in particular were supposed to be amazing (mouth movement matching the voice).

However, in looking at people playing the game, it seemed rather unexciting, the same gaming mechanic over and over where you have to chase suspects, interrogate them, etc. etc.

Might be worth a second look.
Just watch LA Confidential. It's the movie the game is based on.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:16 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,535,278 times
I poured a lot of hours into LA Noire, trying to 5 star all the cases without cheating. It was a different kind of game. The team behind Heavy Rain & Beyond Two Souls could learn a bit from LA Noire. I was more hoping for an LA Noire sequel based in the 60s to come out. The 60s would be a great sandbox to play in. The 1940s is nice, but very limited.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:13 PM

296 posts, read 319,872 times
That game was one of a kind. Loved the Vice Squad missions.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:39 PM

29,526 posts, read 22,714,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Just watch LA Confidential. It's the movie the game is based on.
Oh, I loved that movie, one of my favorite cop/crime dramas.

I just wasn't thrilled from watching some of the game play on YouTube.

Might give it a shot though.

Old 09-20-2017, 06:47 PM

397 posts, read 320,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
This is interesting, because up to now they have refused to release remastered versions of their old gen games, even when public demand was high (i.e. Red Dead Redemption). I never played it, but from what I read the graphics were excellent for when they were released and may transfer well to PC/PS4/XB1.

What do you guys think?

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com...ng-November-14
GTA V was already remastered years ago, though.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:55 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,535,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterojunction View Post
That game was one of a kind. Loved the Vice Squad missions.
Who was your favorite partner? I liked the guy I was partnered with after becoming a detective. He ended up later being partnered with the homicide chubby guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games