Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Btx

22 posts, read 105,380 times

Advertisements

Hi. Here's some pics of DT Matamoros, Tamps.

New Police Dept Bld (south of city and not in DT)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 01:09 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,439,354 times
Wow!! nice pics, would you like them to be put in the thread called photos of Mexico? that thread is sticky, so everybody will be able to see them.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbaseball View Post
Travelling Fella....
I hope you will return to Chiapas and allow time in San Cristobal de las Casas. You can spend days walking the streets, The square is wonderful and big with great music of some kind nightly. I have spent time in all but three states in Mexico and as much as I love Oaxaca and Michoacan Chiapas is my favorite, no contest, I am just learning all about the computer as I had 12 1/2 hours with two surgeons of brain surgery a few years ago and I have had to learn to walk, speak , and write and some days I really screw it up but I am working on it about 20 hours a day. As soon as I learn to get some pictures on here I will show you some of Agua Azul taken last year. Probably the only thing that has changed is the presence of little places to eat and small vender stands along the now walkway along the river. It really is beautiful. Also , I have some really nice pictures of some of the villages around the San Cristobal area.
What are your thoughts as to the safety of me driving in Mexico. I know I probably am in one of the major areas for trouble living so close to Tijuana although I am reading of a lot of bodies being found along the route that I always drive. I am sure they are all drug related but the kidnappings are what have me worried.
Thanks, Great baseball
Travelling around in Mexico is mostly safe in northern Mexico, southern Mexico has less developed infrastructure, highways etc, in some of those lonely highways, specially around Chiapas or Oaxaca, you have to be very careful because some of them are poorly maintained and an accident could happen, there are parts of them where people who lives in small towns crosses, you can find donkeys or cows too so you have to be extra alert, it is better to avoid travelling at night, but if you travel by day and keep focused on the track you should be ok.

I've done this myself several times, I went from DF to Cancun twice, and I've gone to Oaxaca several times as well, pretty awesome trips!!

Regards

Old 03-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Btx

Yes please! I'm new here so don't know much abotu where to post yet.

Thx!

Old 03-15-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btx View Post
Yes please! I'm new here so don't know much abotu where to post yet.

Thx!
Welcome and enjoy your stay I moved them for you

Old 03-16-2009, 06:43 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,816,847 times
FYI - If you have other photos you might want to post but not specific to a place, there is also a Photography section in the General Forums.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Btx

Thx...

Old 03-17-2009, 12:38 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,816,847 times
Here are my photos from Matamoros. We shot some of the same buildings, Btx!

Don't know the name of this beach, but it's about 20 miles outside of Matamoros and is realy LONG!

Old 03-17-2009, 07:55 PM

Some pictures of Mexican indigenous tribes, look the beauty of their suits, the peaceful look of their eyes, thanks for your ancient wisdom, which is an escape of modern life madness

Seri Woman

http://www.galleriadante.com/Images/Old_images/h/Hombres%20Huicholes%20100%20x%20130.JPG (broken link)

Huichols

Otomi woman

Tzotzil man

Maya woman

Tarahumaras

Tehuan Zapotecs live to this day in a matriarchal society.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 03-17-2009 at 08:10 PM..

Old 03-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Btx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
Here are my photos from Matamoros. We shot some of the same buildings, Btx!

Don't know the name of this beach, but it's about 20 miles outside of Matamoros and is realy LONG!
Nice!

The beach is called Playa Bagdad, btw...Thx for the pics, real nice. I thought I had more in my photobucket of Matamoros but that's all I could find. In any case, the DT is the nicest part of the city, the rest just looks like a modern, out-of-control developed city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico