Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2024, 07:41 AM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyway31 View Post
Like nearly all media (we all know the right-wing exceptions), the NYT leans sharply left. BUT, it is very far from the worst of the leftist propaganda rags at the present time (different leadership when the Tom Cotton fiasco happened). Current leadership is actively engaged with stopping the radical extremists from within their ranks.

As for NYT readers, they are over 90% leftist. And, in the era of the personally curated echo chambers (follow/unfollow/block those with views you like or hate), they often have no clue as to what the compelling counterarguments against their positions actually are. And, I suspect that, even when such arguments are presented within the pages of NYT, most readers never bother to read those columns. The readership is typically far too smug to consider views outside of leftist orthodoxy.
I wouldn't call it propaganda, but they are left leaning just like the WSJ is right leaning. I would never call the WSJ propaganda although I disagree with many of their opinions. The NYT has some great writers and extensive articles, not a one shot paragraph click-bait like Breitbart.

Plenty of great local news papers throughout the country in addition to the NY Times.

You should credit the NY Times for publishing an article by Tom Cotton, the criticism from within was fairly predictable, so?

The NY times print circulation is all around the tri-state area up also in other nearby states, online is throughout the country. How did you arrive at 90% leftist?

You might want to ask yourself why they can't create a right leaning paper with the national prominence of the NY Times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2024, 06:53 PM

17,694 posts, read 6,952,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I wouldn't call it propaganda, but they are left leaning just like the WSJ is right leaning. I would never call the WSJ propaganda although I disagree with many of their opinions. The NYT has some great writers and extensive articles, not a one shot paragraph click-bait like Breitbart.

Plenty of great local news papers throughout the country in addition to the NY Times.

You should credit the NY Times for publishing an article by Tom Cotton, the criticism from within was fairly predictable, so?

The NY times print circulation is all around the tri-state area up also in other nearby states, online is throughout the country. How did you arrive at 90% leftist?

You might want to ask yourself why they can't create a right leaning paper with the national prominence of the NY Times.
Conservatives would never permit a newspaper to lie to them as much as the NYT lies to its dwindling subscribers.

Old 03-24-2024, 07:22 PM

3,750 posts, read 1,447,475 times
Quote:

Nyt if anything. It is honest where it stands on its ideology and the ideology of ti's readers. It's bread and butter although are upper west side Manhattanites many of them Reformed liberal Jews. Again nothing wrong with that. Just calling it out. Btw. I used to live in NYC and worked in the upper west side. People would go crazy if their paper was running late, especially the weekender. Nyt is national treasure despite its politics.

Old 03-25-2024, 03:32 PM

27,175 posts, read 15,356,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
With the arrest of a lying former FBI agent, it can`t be hidden anymore. Putin is running Trump`s campaign and Trump reeled him in with his NATO comments.
Will it get uglier if Trump loses? Marge has already said they`ll be armed the next time they try to steal the Presidency.
Woah, you could make up stuff and write for the NYT.

Old 03-25-2024, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Conservatives would never permit a newspaper to lie to them as much as the NYT lies to its dwindling subscribers.
I see some of the strangest sources from the right, Red State News, Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, Twitter, rarely even see the WSJ quoted. What are the conservative newspapers, name them outside of WSJ.

The NYT is doing just fine.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:31 AM
Status: "Hello Darlin, Nice to see you - Conway Twitty" (set 19 days ago)

791 posts, read 378,953 times
I enjoy a balance, a fair field for competing arguments unabated. Then something started on college campuses where debate was shunned because it was hateful misinformation, words are violence and people accepted it. Why? and Who? We let stupid f-in kids tells us adults how to be? Then the internet, the bastion of free speech then those interests decided that wasn't going to work, we need to to be regulated in thought and in speech.

THE LEFT OWNS CREATING A GOVERNMENT DISINFORMATION BOARD

I am a Donald Trump supporter 100% and appreciate debate and appreciate the leftists on here. I love them, wish there were more of them that actually had any shred of intelligence because they defend the indefensible which is why there are so few. It would be terrible if they couldn't realize how stupid they are in a public forum, its how degenerates learn. All we have now are some angry black strays, a couple liberal teachers so zonked they barely form a cohesive sentence and the occasional educated rando taking pot shots.

Old 03-26-2024, 10:46 AM

41,991 posts, read 75,287,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSLarry View Post
Then something started on college campuses where debate was shunned because it was hateful misinformation, words are violence and people accepted it. Why? and Who? We let stupid f-in kids tells us adults how to be?
College students are adults. Many of them are more mature than people twice or thrice their ages.
Quote:
wish there were more of them that actually had any shred of intelligence because they defend the indefensible
Oh, the irony. If you think New York Times comments are bad, check out the New York Post sometime.
Quote:
It would be terrible if they couldn't realize how stupid they are in a public forum, its how degenerates learn.
More irony. I guess you're skipping over all the comments and posts about conspiracy theories and whatnot.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Name your newspapers, I see the NY Post quoted regularly, do they lie.

I would love to know your specific sources for news, don't disappear on me I would really like to know.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:46 PM
Status: "Hello Darlin, Nice to see you - Conway Twitty" (set 19 days ago)

791 posts, read 378,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
College students are adults. Many of them are more mature than people twice or thrice their ages.

Oh, the irony. If you think New York Times comments are bad, check out the New York Post sometime.

More irony. I guess you're skipping over all the comments and posts about conspiracy theories and whatnot.
WHAT? You think college kids are more intelligent and mature than average people thrice?

Did you go to college? I did.

You are in a new era friend insisting those being educated are smarter than those educating.

Sounds like something a college kid would say which is so, so ironic.

Old 03-27-2024, 02:39 PM

17,825 posts, read 13,738,015 times
Quote:
I see some of the strangest sources from the right, Red State News, Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, Twitter, rarely even see the WSJ quoted. What are the conservative newspapers, name them outside of WSJ.

The NYT is doing just fine.
I guess the Fiend isn't lying because those aren't actually "newspapers"... LOL.

I guess conservatives think those sites just wade through "liberal disinformation" to come up with the "truth".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media