Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Islam have more similarities with Christianity or Judaism?
Christianity 8 27.59%
Judaism 21 72.41%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 04:35 PM

3,640 posts, read 43,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Span Lateral View Post
For example, when I presented the fact that in the Quran _ THE ONLY DEFINITION OF ADUTLTERY

is ONLY defined as “ the Muslim wife making a sudden decision to run off with another man before the husband is ready for this event to happen, THIS IS ADULTERY in Islam That’s it !

THE MUSLIM WOMAN IS IN FACT PERMITTED TO RUN OFF TO UNLIMITED NEIGHBORS ANYTIME THE HUSBAND WILL REPEAT “ I DIVORSE YOU “ three total times.

THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST THE UNLIMITED SEXUALLY PASSING OF A WIFE TO UNLIMITED HUSANDS - AND NO LAW - AGAINST REPEADITLY TAKING BACK A DIVORCED WIFE AFTER SHE HAS HAD MANY, MANY OTHER SEXUAL PARTNERS.

In fact, the Quran encourages and commands the divorced wife to have sexual relations with another man before being permitted to return to the previous husband.
You had claimed:

Quote:
The Quran says explicitly that a Muslim woman can be divorced unlimited times and return to unlimited previous husbands and remarry unlimited times - there is no limit -
I had asked you to prove it that the Qur’an says so “explicitly”:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Which passage of the Qur'an says so "explicitly"? Quote it here please or else you are talking in ignorance about Islam.
You failed miserably but are still playing the same broken record without answering my question.
Are you really serious here or just wasting your time with extra-long posts that repeat same thing again and again?

I don’t mind the long posts. I have been responding to them for the past over 20 years.
No problem to me because I know my subject.

Quote:
But - You refuse to answer to this fact - you provide absolutely no Quran for answering any of the factual statements I have made .
Stop giving pat on your back for non-existing factual statements. I have refuted every one of your silly statements about Islam and the Qur’an in this forum. The readers are aware of it.

Quote:
Instead you pretend that that I have made some type of a random bedtime sexual judgment pertaining to a personal, confidential and private matter about you and your marriage life and you declare that

“ We have already celebrated more than 50 years of marriage and none of us have run off to the neighbor “
This what you had stated:

Quote:
However, adultery - in the Quran -- is only, just as simple, as when the Muslim Husband, Himself - is not personally quite ready or in the mood - to send His wife on down the line to the next neighbor waiting in line..
You were talking about Muslim husband. I am a Muslim husband. You were talking about his wife. I as a Muslim husband have a wife. So, you can’t say that you were talking about a Muslim husband on Mars. You were talking about every Muslim here. None of the Muslims I know have done what you are stating here.

You had stated:

Quote:
However, adultery - in the Quran -- is only, just as simple, as when the Muslim Husband, Himself - is not personally quite ready or in the mood - to send His wife on down the line to the next neighbor waiting in line..
You are not saying that Muslim husband on Mars but just Muslim husband. Now you are beginning to realize your broad-brush approach here is pathetic.

Quote:
So…… how would this personal and private intimate situation apply, to explaining Islamic law, by pretending to create a deceptive invention - that I was referring to the bedtime experience of you personally ?
So which Muslim’s bedtime experience were you trying to invent? You never mentioned any name except “Muslim”.

Quote:
I ask, how can we come to an realistic understanding of the facts about the Islamic law regarding adultery if you are changing and altering the conversation by dragging or drawing others into your personal bedtime experiences and personal situation regarding your wives.
Don’t invent again! I have only one wife.

Adultery in Islam is sex outside the marriage. There is no sex outside the domain of marriage in Islam.

Quote:
I am certain you are a good husband and that you love your wives very, very much - there is no doubt in my mind you are a wonderful husband happily married to wonderful wives. I am happy for you.
You are INVENTING once more. I have only one wife; not wives. So you get it wrong again, as usual.

Quote:
May God bless your marriage.
God has, alhamdulillah.

Quote:
But I was not trying present facts about Quranic law concerning marriage, divorce and adultery by painting any such picture that orbits around your personal marriage and sexual experience –

this is what you were compelled to do to avoid and cover up the fact that
My marriage is Islamic marriage. It is according to the law in the Qur’an. If you talk about “Muslim”, you talk about me because I am a Muslim. When you talk about “Muslim”, you talk about me too.

Quote:
THE MUSLIM WOMAN IS IN FACT PERMITTED TO RUN OFF TO UNLIMITED NEIGHBORS ANYTIME THE HUSBAND WILL REPEAT “ I DIVORSE YOU “ three total times.
That is your INVENTION. Quote the verse in the Qur’an that says that THE MUSLIM WOMAN IS PERMITTED TO RUN OFF TO UNLIMITED NEIGHBORS ANYTIME THE HUSBAND REPEATS “I DIVORSE YOU” three total times. Aren’t you INVENTING all this? There is no such thing as RUNNING TO UNLIMITED NEIGHBORS after her divorce. That won’t be another marriage but an ORGY with UNLIMITED HUSBANDS. You are not imagining that orgy, are you?

Quote:
THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST UNLIMITEDLY SEXUALLY PASSING A WIFE TO UNLIMITED HUSANDS - AND NO LAW - AGAINST REPEADITLY TAKING BACK A DIVORCED WIFE AFTER SHE HAS HAD MANY, MANY OTHER SEXUAL PARTNERS.
I have never seen that happen in any Muslim community I have lived in. Is it some kind of your sexual fantasy that Muslim wives do this?

FYI, the Islamic law, where a husband can’t marry the same woman again after divorcing her until she has married another man and divorced, is to stop easy divorces. It is not for any orgy setting as you imagine. This is why Muslim man is unlikely to divorce his wife because he knows he can’t change his mind and marry her the next day.
And I have never seen a Muslim man wishing to marry his previous wife. And same with women, they don’t keep going from neighbor to neighbor for sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2021, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Most beloved Khalif

Please realize, It is the Quran and not the previous scriptures - THE QURAN that claims that the breath of life is = the SPIRIT OF ALLAH.
No. Spirit from Allah is His Command. His Command “Be” is breath of life. Without that Command, there is no breath of life.

[15.29] So when I have made him complete and breathed into him of My spirit, fall down making obeisance to him.
فَإِذَا سَوَّيْتُهُۥ وَنَفَخْتُ فِيهِ مِن رُّوحِى فَقَعُوا۟ لَهُۥ سَـٰجِدِينَ

[38.72] So when I have made him complete and breathed into him of My spirit, then fall down making obeisance to him.
فَإِذَا سَوَّيْتُهُۥ وَنَفَخْتُ فِيهِ مِن رُّوحِى فَقَعُوا۟ لَهُۥ سَـٰجِدِينَ

God breathed into him His spirit. God didn’t breath into him God.

[4.171] O followers of the Book! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak against Allah, but the truth; the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary is only a messenger of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Mary and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His messengers, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.
يَـٰٓأَهْلَ ٱلْكِتَـٰبِ لَا تَغْلُوا۟ فِى دِينِكُمْ وَلَا تَقُولُوا۟ عَلَى ٱللَّهِ إِلَّا ٱلْحَقَّ ۚ إِنَّمَا ٱلْمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ٱبْنُ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولُ ٱللَّهِ وَكَلِمَتُهُۥٓ أَلْقَىٰهَآ إِلَىٰ مَرْيَمَ وَرُوحٌ مِّنْهُ ۖ فَـَٔامِنُوا۟ بِٱللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِۦ ۖ وَلَا تَقُولُوا۟ ثَلَـٰثَةٌ ۚ ٱنتَهُوا۟ خَيْرًا لَّكُمْ ۚ إِنَّمَا ٱللَّهُ إِلَـٰهٌ وَٰحِدٌ ۖ سُبْحَـٰنَهُۥٓ أَن يَكُونَ لَهُۥ وَلَدٌ ۘ لَّهُۥ مَا فِى ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٰتِ وَمَا فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ ۗ وَكَفَىٰ بِٱللَّهِ وَكِيلً

Spirit from Him is not HIM (GOD) but FROM Him. His Word (of Command) is not HIM but FROM HIM.

[26.192] And most surely this is a revelation from the Lord of the worlds.
[26.193] The Faithful Spirit has descended with it,
[26.194] Upon your heart that you may be of the warners
[26.195] In plain Arabic language.
[26.196] And most surely the same is in the scriptures of the ancients.

The Qur’an is revelation from the Lord of the Worlds. The Faithful Spirit had descended with it. Did Faithful God descended with it?

[70.4] To Him ascend the angels and the Spirit in a day the measure of which is fifty thousand years.

Spirit descends as well as ascends to God. It is not God that descends or ascends to God.

Quote:
THE SPIRIT OF ALLAH = IS THE BREATH OF LIFE - in the Quran

SURA 38:72. And when I have fashioned him and breathed into him of My Spirit, then fall
down before him prostrate,

The angels fell down prostrate, every one,

SURA 15 :29. So, when I have made him and have breathed into him of My Spirit

fall down, prostrating yourselves unto him.

In the Quran, the Spirit of Allah is being placed / breathed into humans as the breath of their life.
Yes, it is the spirit of Allah and not Allah HIMSELF being breathed into humans like Jesus and Adam.

Quote:
TO THE POINT THAT ALLAH IS COMMANDING THAT HUMANS ARE TO BE BOWED DOWN UNTO HUMANS ARE TO BE WORSHIPED AND PROSTRATED UNTO - because Allah breathed his Holy Spirit into them- the Angels are to prostrate to man,

because Allah has breathed into them - HIS OWN SPIRIT fall and prostrate
Prostrate to Adam. Adam was not God. Spirit in Adam did not make him God.

Quote:
It is the Quran and “ NOT THE PREVIOUS SCRIPTURES “ that claim that the breath of life is the SPIRIT OF ALLAH.
It is also the Qur’an that tells you that spirit from Allah is His Command.

Quote:
The previous revelation and prophecy of scriptures NEVER define the Spirit of God being breathed into anything that God created,

God is not breathing his Spirit into Adam

God is breathing “ THE BREATH OF LIFE “ - into Adam - not the spirit of God
You quoted these verses:

SURA 38:72. And when I have fashioned him and breathed into him of My Spirit, then fall
down before him prostrate,

The angels fell down prostrate, every one,

SURA 15 :29. So, when I have made him and have breathed into him of My Spirit

fall down, prostrating yourselves unto him.

What does "My Spirit" mean? God or spirit FROM God?

Quote:
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Spirit is breath of life. It is life-giving spirit. Words/Commands from God are spirit. That’s why they are life (John 6:63) It is Command “Be” from God that is the creation spirit. Can’t deny that, can you?

Quote:
This Hebrew word is a word literally related to speaking and the lungs and silent utterances that we make pertaining to our inner conscience - not anything pertaining to the Spirit of God being portioned into mankind. This may have created what we know and define as our own Spirit but man is not created inhabiting a portion of the Spirit of God - to the point that the Angels are command to revere, worship and prostrate. God is seeking to inhabit mankind with his spirit after we are created and live holy lives - not pre inserting his Holy spirit portioned into man as he creates them.
So this is now your prophecy. You are trying your best to deny that spirit from God is not breath of life. Jesus rejects your prophecy:

[John 6:63] It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus was speaking the words of God. The words of God are spirit that are life, life giving spirit. Jesus is not saying that his words are God.

The Qur’an is spot on. Spirit is command (word) from God. The creative command from God is “Kun” (in Arabic), “Be” (come into existence) and it is.

Quote:
Muslims can imagine or pretend that “ the breath of life “ mentioned in previous scriptures is the Spirit of God but even the animals have the breath of life and “ Breath Of Life “ is not the Spirit Of God - as defined by the former scriptures…
Exactly!
Spirit of God or Spirit from God is not God.
If I give you my $10 note to you, that $10 note is not me. Previous scriptures messed it up.
[John 4:24] God is a spirit.
[John 6:63] Words that Jesus spoke (which were from God) are spirit.
[John 1:1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
This will never make any sense. Either the Word is different from God but with God or the Word is not with God but the Word is God.
It should have been correctly stated by John:
[John 1:1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God’s.
[4.171] O followers of the Book! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak against Allah, but the truth; the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary is only a messenger of God and His Word which He communicated to Mary and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in God and His messengers, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and God is sufficient for a Protector.
يَـٰٓأَهْلَ ٱلْكِتَـٰبِ لَا تَغْلُوا۟ فِى دِينِكُمْ وَلَا تَقُولُوا۟ عَلَى ٱللَّهِ إِلَّا ٱلْحَقَّ ۚ إِنَّمَا ٱلْمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ٱبْنُ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولُ ٱللَّهِ وَكَلِمَتُهُۥٓ أَلْقَىٰهَآ إِلَىٰ مَرْيَمَ وَرُوحٌ مِّنْهُ ۖ فَـَٔامِنُوا۟ بِٱللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِۦ ۖ وَلَا تَقُولُوا۟ ثَلَـٰثَةٌ ۚ ٱنتَهُوا۟ خَيْرًا لَّكُمْ ۚ إِنَّمَا ٱللَّهُ إِلَـٰهٌ وَٰحِدٌ ۖ سُبْحَـٰنَهُۥٓ أَن يَكُونَ لَهُۥ وَلَدٌ ۘ لَّهُۥ مَا فِى ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٰتِ وَمَا فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ ۗ وَكَفَىٰ بِٱللَّهِ وَكِيلًا

Word from God is spirit from God. It is foolish to interpret spirit FROM God is God.

Quote:
Why wasn't Adam GOD HIMSELF in flesh? - ok

Adam and all humans are created with a Spiritual entity - this Spiritual entity has absolutely nothing to do with existing as a portion of the Spirit of God.
Nonsense!

[3.59] Surely the likeness of Jesus is (in terms of creating him) with God as the likeness of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, “Be”, and he was.
إِنَّ مَثَلَ عِيسَىٰ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ كَمَثَلِ ءَادَمَ ۖ خَلَقَهُۥ مِن تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ قَالَ لَهُۥ كُن فَيَكُونُ

[19.17] So she took a veil from them; then We sent to her Our spirit, and there appeared to her a well-made man.
فَٱتَّخَذَتْ مِن دُونِهِمْ حِجَابًا فَأَرْسَلْنَآ إِلَيْهَا رُوحَنَا فَتَمَثَّلَ لَهَا بَشَرًا سَوِيًّا

God didn’t send to Mary God but His spirit which is in His Word (Command) such as “Be” and it will be.
It will be foolish to say God sent to Mary God (Himself) because He had sent to her His spirit.
See, how the previous scriptures were corrupted through wrong interpretations?

Quote:
There are no previous manuscripts for even asking this question, nowhere do we find that anyone is created with their spiritual entity existing as a portion of the Spirit of God. This is something that you must invent and imagine as a part of the previous scriptures in order to justify the false narrative in the Quran.
You are inventing that Spirit of God is actually God. The Qur’an is spot on. Spirit from God is spirit (His Word/Command). House of my son is not my son. House is different from my son.

Quote:
All of the Angels and all of each mankind are each their own individual separate spiritual entity and not a Spirit portioned by God.. Not a portion of God’s Spirit.
Your memory is very short. Here is what you had said earlier on in your posts (yes, I can dig them up for your reminder):

Quote:
The God who is a SPIRIT has the POWER to placed a portion of his own SPRIT into mankind and he has many, many sons and daughters .
The revelation of the Qur’an has got you in a knot. How are you going to get out of it?

Quote:
The object of the God of Abraham is to lead mankind to his Spirit after we are born and created and unite and join our own spirit unto him in a Spiritual unification called a marriage relationship.
If you do not have a portion of spirit from God in you, you will never be able to unite it with its source. That portion of spirit from God in you must be strengthened through more spirit from God that comes through His Words/Commands. When your spirit is strengthened, you get to know God more and come closer to God.
As you are not opening up your spirit to the spirit in the Words/Commands in the Qur’an that are from God, you are having great problem in getting closer to God.

Quote:
If Muslims had translated even a single page of the previous revelation and prophecy within the manuscripts and scriptures they would be capable of discussing them honestly and objective - but Muslims have not translated nor understood anything regarding the previous manuscripts and scriptures, they only pretend to have additional revelation and additional prophecy that they inject and add upon them - just exactly as they do to upon their own Quranic prophecy.
You are now sounding like a broken record, repeating the same again and again.
Why aren’t you explaining here the Nature of God that you pretend to know through the previous scriptures but Muslims don’t know?
You will never do because you don’t know God. There is disconnect between you and God.

Quote:
But please explain, how or WHY are you providing answers about Islam by continually inventing and inserting your private Prophecy and your own personal hearts Revelations pertaining to things that you have absolutely no Quran scriptures for.
Are you crazy?
I am quoting verses of the Qur’an to back up my understanding of Islam.
It is you who give impression here that you know Nature of God but won’t explain the Nature of God when I challenge.
Be honest for a b it, will you?

Quote:
Please explain where I asserted that Mohammad had never mentioned anything about a “ Spirit “ ?

Yet you claim that “ Only someone having ignorance about the Qur'an will claim in this forum that the Qur'an doesn't say anything about spirit. “
Don’t try to be too clever here! The Qur’an was delivered by Muhammad and definition of spirit is in the Qur’an. I am sure you know that by now.

Quote:
The God is is also defined as a Spirit, but the Muslim has no idea based on the Quran - whether or not Allah is a Spirit or not Spirit - the Quran never mentions anything about this.
As I stated previously, the Qur’an does mention “spirit” (“ruh”) and gives proper definition of spirit (ruh). You won’t know because you have never read that explanation given in the Qur’an.

Your definition of Spirit (from John 4:24) has no leg to stand on when we read the same word in other places for spirit. For example, in John 6:63, it is not God that is spirit but the words that Jesus was speaking.
The words that Jesus was speaking were from God. God had taught him. If you reject the definition of spirit in the Qur’an, you reject definition of spirit in John 6:63, therefore you reject the previous texts/scriptures.

So, my question to you now is:

Which definition of spirit in John 4:24 or John 6:63 is not correct?

The Qur’an tells you:

[17.85] And they ask you about the spirit. Say: The spirit is one of the commands of my Lord, and you are not given aught of knowledge but a little.
وَيَسْـَٔلُونَكَ عَنِ ٱلرُّوحِ ۖ قُلِ ٱلرُّوحُ مِنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّى وَمَآ أُوتِيتُم مِّنَ ٱلْعِلْمِ إِلَّا قَلِيلً

The above explanation of the spirit in the Qur’an is from God and it was delivered by the messenger Muhammad.

I don’t think you are reading the explanations from the Qur’an.

So if spirit is command from God, is this spirit/command also God?
Command/spirit is FROM God. God is not FROM God but God IS God. Simple!

Quote:
Now we have a doubling the level of “ overall unawareness “ because I have never, ever asserted that the Quran says nothing about a spirit. in fact the Quran mentions a spirit 23 total times but never says that Allah himself is - a Sprit, or is - NOT a Spirit.
Now you are learning.

If Allah says that it is His Command that is spirit then why are you insisting that Allah does or doesn’t say that He is spirit? Why should He say that when He is saying that the spirit is His Command?

Your argument is childish.

Allah mentions Isa 27 times in the Qur’an. Allah makes it clear that Isa is messenger of Allah. Why should you insist that the Qur’an never mentions Isa as God or not God?

Quote:
This has intellectually forced you to invent your own additional prophecy and extra continuing revelations that demand that Allah “ is not a spirit “ - because the Quran never reveals that Allah is not a spirit. THIS IS INVENTED PROPHECY AND REVELATION AND INSERTED AS ISLAM.
The Qur’an never reveals Allah is not a spirit. The Qur’an reveals that His command is spirit.
INVENTED PROPHECY in the previous scripture is His command is spirit and God is spirit. Therefore, how is command also God?

[John 6:63] It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

It is the words that he spoke that are spirit and life. Can you understand that?

Spirit of God is not God but spirit only.
Messenger of God is not God but messenger only.
Angel of God is not God but angel only.

In your mind, Spirit of God is God. And that’s where your misunderstanding lies.

Quote:
The Quran says - Quran 17.85 “ The spirit is one of the commands of my Lord, “
“ The spirit is one of the commands of Allah “ ONE OF THE COMMANDS OF ALLAH - is a spirit.
Command of Allah is spirit. Command of Allah is not also Allah. If Allah is saying that it is His command that is spirit then why should He also say that He is spirit? That would be contradiction, wouldn’t it?

Messenger of Allah does not mean Allah is messenger.
Angel of Allah does not mean Allah is angel.
Spirit of Allah does not mean that Allah is spirit.

The Qur’an is not going to repeat contradiction in John 4 and John 6.

Quote:
In the Previous scriptures and manuscripts, a Spirit is the invisible conciseness and identity of the unseen force of every human created. A Spirit is an Angel which has no body to dwell within.
The Qur’an says, Allah’s command/words are spirit. Jesus said, his words (which are from God) are spirit.
You are now making up YOUR OWN PROPHECIES here. To you, God is spirit and an angel is also spirit. Does that mean angel is God too?

Any more of YOUR NEW PROPHECIES in this forum?

Quote:
I cannot escape the feeling that the obvious and overall final goal in representing Islam, is to simply constantly drag and draw out the conversations about Islam into lengthy distractions, just to conclude the matter by simply re - inventing, re- creating , re - discovering , re - concocting and erroneously making up my original points I made, by changing what I was saying and re – an angel iis spiritcreating my statement into a deceptive inaccurate statement only to have destroyed and buried everything I have said.
You are doing a very good job in burying your own original points.

I am merely quoting the verses of the Qur’an to destroy your INVENTED PROPHECIES in this forum.

Old 09-30-2021, 11:33 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Truly Thank You Khalif for taking the time and putting in so much effort to provide the replies.

I think, it’s evident that the said poster is a classic case who is in the Islamic section with no intention to actually learn anything or equipped with the skills of being able to engage in a scholarly discussion.

We have seen quite a few such cases.

I would rather report such posts by such members because they are against the terms of use.
No need to waste more time on these trolls.

Old 10-01-2021, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Truly Thank You Khalif for taking the time and putting in so much effort to provide the replies.

I think, it’s evident that the said poster is a classic case who is in the Islamic section with no intention to actually learn anything or equipped with the skills of being able to engage in a scholarly discussion.

I would rather report such posts by such members because they are against the terms of use.
I agree.

I had to see where this poster is coming from and whether he really understands Islam and wisdom behind Islamic laws and principles.

It has become quite evident even to me that the poster is not interested in learning or debating any point about Islam but just attack certain Islamic understandings and principles and blame every Muslim.

I am sure even the moderators are watching what s/he is doing.

Old 10-01-2021, 05:42 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

Quote:
I agree.

I had to see where this poster is coming from and whether he really understands Islam and wisdom behind Islamic laws and principles.

It has become quite evident even to me that the poster is not interested in learning or debating any point about Islam but just attack certain Islamic understandings and principles and blame every Muslim.

I am sure even the moderators are watching what s/he is doing.
You may be correct.

Yes, the moderators do look in here from time to time. If you see a problem post, report it. The biggest problem in this forum has been people that are not adhering to this rule: The is not the place to post derogatory remarks about Islam, the Qur'an, or any Muslim. This forum exists for discussion about Islam and for people to ask questions about Islam.

Old 10-01-2021, 09:09 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket123 View Post
I think it’s Judaism for sure for a few reasons.

1. They circumcise their sons.

2. We believe in the same God (don’t believe in trinity).
3. Do not eat pork (eat only kosher/halal meat).
4. Dress modestly
5. Typically have larger families than Christians

Similarities with Christianity:

1. Believe in heaven/hell (many Jews do not)
2. Accept Jesus (pbuh)
I found that a bit odd. It seems to imply that Christians don't circumcise their sons. Most do, although not in a religious ceremony.

Old 10-02-2021, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I found that a bit odd. It seems to imply that Christians don't circumcise their sons. Most do, although not in a religious ceremony.
Personally, I am trying to understand why and when circumcision stopped as a religious ceremony despite Jesus having been circumcised as a normal Jewish religious ceremony, yet it carried on in Ishmael's generations for 6 centuries even after Jesus.

As for comparing which religion is more common with Islam, in my view, fundamental principles of all of the three are the same. Muslims accept the core values in both the Taurat given to Moses and accept that the teachings of Jesus were true. No Muslim will ever question any of that.

The core of each of these religions is the same. They are basically one, Abrahamic religion. Abraham did not have three religions but one religion; belief in One God and obeying His commands. Everything else is connected to those principles

The rest is not really designed to define difference in religions or divide the religion but merely acts of devotion given to each community to prove that they are obeying the commands. Those acts of devotion shouldn't cause division but help each community to show they are devoted people.

The religious principles should not lead us to any pride or sense of superiority over others. We are all humans and, as humans, have responsibilities towards other earthly living beings. If we fail in those responsibilities we fail in humanity.

Old 01-15-2022, 05:20 PM

150 posts, read 156,295 times
Thanks for your answers guys. This is what I’ve gathered so far. And you can correct me if I’m wrong.

Similarities with Christians:

-Belief in hell/heaven
-The devil exists (fallen angel)
-Anybody can convert
-Accept Jesus as an important religious figure

Similarities with Jews:

-We believe in same, strictly monotheistic God (non-trinity)
-Eat halal/kosher meat and pork is forbidden
-Custom of circumcision

Last edited by basket123; 01-15-2022 at 05:45 PM..

Old 01-15-2022, 05:23 PM

150 posts, read 156,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Really? I’ve lived in USA (Bible Belt) and nobody really performed circumcision there to their newborn sons

Old 01-16-2022, 04:56 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket123 View Post
Really? I’ve lived in USA (Bible Belt) and nobody really performed circumcision there to their newborn sons
Really? I've lived in West Virginia (also in the Bible Belt) most of my life (I'm retired). Everybody got their sons circumcised. It was almost automatic. The doctor that delivered the baby did it after checking with the parents. No ceremony involved. It was just done. My guess is that 99% are circumcised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam