Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 04:24 PM

1,262 posts, read 664,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2006 View Post
Boy I don’t know...even prior to the last realignment, the Blues vs Hawks had some nasty battles and history. The old Norris aka “Black and Blue” Division was something.
Yes they certainly did!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2019, 04:30 PM

1,262 posts, read 664,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
It was the Chuck Norris division. LOL!
Yep! Very true!
To quote the Hansen Bros. "Yeah old time hockey! Like Eddie Shore!"
Lol

Old 11-22-2023, 08:57 AM

3,727 posts, read 2,551,518 times
I'm curious to hear from other City Datites on something..

Watching a recent Stars game, I was reminded that I don't think green looks good in hockey. It may have something to do with green seeming naturally incongruent with ice. Maybe my mind associates Icy imagery with colors less affiliated with vegetation, etc.
I just never thought the North Stars or Stars look good. And I notice none of the original six have green as their primary colors.
Forgive me for overanalyzing, but any takes on hockey green ?

Old 11-22-2023, 03:14 PM

8,408 posts, read 7,402,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Although, I like the Red Wings and Sabres throwback uniforms. I like a lot of NHL uniforms, but I just left them off the top ten.
Yes, an ancient thread that got necro-rezzed a few times...

But I had to comment - the Red Wings don't really have a throwback uniform. Their "throw-back" uniform was from when they were the Detroit Cougars. They became the Red Wings with the winged-wheel logo in 1932 when James Norris bought the team (which had been renamed from the Cougars to the Falcons).

If the old Cougars uniform is a throwback for the Red Wings, then the Colorado Avalanche throwback uniform is the one used by the old Quebec Nordiques.

Old 11-23-2023, 12:50 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
I'm curious to hear from other City Datites on something..

Watching a recent Stars game, I was reminded that I don't think green looks good in hockey. It may have something to do with green seeming naturally incongruent with ice. Maybe my mind associates Icy imagery with colors less affiliated with vegetation, etc.
I just never thought the North Stars or Stars look good. And I notice none of the original six have green as their primary colors.
Forgive me for overanalyzing, but any takes on hockey green ?
I like what the Stars wear now, but I don't like the old North Stars colors. The Wild wear them sometimes and they look like Subway spokespeople everytime.

Personally I don't like throwbacks. I'm fine with once a year or so but I don't want to see 1990 82 times a year. Just because something was worn in 1990 doesn't mean it looks good today. Either come up with something new or keep what you got.

I won't say I love them all because I don't, but the mid 00s were probably my favorite era for jerseys. No emphasis on "retro" and no obnoxious orange or yellow primary a la Flyers/Oilers or Predators.

Old 11-25-2023, 11:03 AM

3,657 posts, read 2,937,139 times
On Fire

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...ImgRaw%26r%3D0

On Fire

https://canucksarmy.com/news/andrei-...ate-jersey?amp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey