Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 01:09 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,844,798 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

This is for true blue NHL hockey fans...
I was noticing some of the hockey threads here and I thought I would start one of my own, since to me hockey is the greatest sport ever.
I noticed, as I'm sure many of you have, that there are a number of NHL teams that are changing their uniforms for the coming season. A couple I know off hand are Vancouver (they're going back to the traditional green and blue they had when they first played in the NHL), Washington (another team that's going back to it's original look), San Jose and Ottawa.
I wondered which "new" look is the best for the coming season?
A second question, just to open it up a bit, which NHL uniform, current or defunct NHL team is the best or worst you've ever seen.

I'll start. I'm more of a traditionalist, so I like what Vancouver and Washington have done with their new look this year. Of course being a Maple Leaf fan I love their uniform even though it's hardly changed in the last 30 years
.Some of the past NHL team uniforms that I remember standing out include the old California Golden Seals (Oakland) with that kelly green road look and the golden yellow home appearance. Ugly at the time, but sort of grew on you.
Speaking of the Golden Seals, their new home after moving was Cleveland. Remember the red with the massive "C" and the "B" inside the form of the state of Ohio?
Sorry I don't have pics, feel free to add them for effect. Thanks for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 01:50 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,586,241 times
Check out the hockeybuzz "NHL talk" forum. They have links and pics of all the new sweaters. My faves so far are the Habs and the Bruins. I like the throwback Nuck colors, but they should have ditched the Orca and especially ditched the stupid "Vancouver" over said Orca. Blech. The new Caps design is nice too...

Old 09-04-2007, 01:54 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,665,155 times
I think pretty much every team is taking the oppurtunity to tweak their uniforms due to the new Rbk Edge jerseys. My personal favourite jersey of all time is the Leafs home one which they've used for the past God knows how many seasons. I just love the colours and the simplicity of it. As for the worst, the Preds alternate jerseys were absolutely vile.

Thumbs up!

Thumbs down!

Old 09-04-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Check out the hockeybuzz "NHL talk" forum. They have links and pics of all the new sweaters. My faves so far are the Habs and the Bruins. I like the throwback Nuck colors, but they should have ditched the Orca and especially ditched the stupid "Vancouver" over said Orca. Blech. The new Caps design is nice too...
I agree what you said about the orca..looks stupid. The Canucks did
occasionally alternate their older uniform with the stick and the oval last season.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:03 PM

I actually like the Nucks new uni complete with orca, writing and all. At first it looked like a college jersey but it's grown on me.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
I think pretty much every team is taking the oppurtunity to tweak their uniforms due to the new Rbk Edge jerseys. My personal favourite jersey of all time is the Leafs home one which they've used for the past God knows how many seasons. I just love the colours and the simplicity of it. As for the worst, the Preds alternate jerseys were absolutely vile.

Thumbs up!

Thumbs down!
Thanks for thumbs up for the Leafs. I need to get one of their blue home jerseys. I'm not fond of the Sabres newest look from 2006-07. I liked their original sweaters better.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:00 PM

Dang, I was hoping noone would mention Nashville's putrid new jersey. I think Im blind. Again. What a putrid piece of junk!!! ahahahahahahaaha

Old 09-04-2007, 05:04 PM

718 posts, read 2,366,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post

Thumbs up!

Thumbs down!
All of the new jerseys will either be white or the contrasting dark color. There will be no third or alternate jersey this year for any team. So, no one will have to look at Nashville's beautiful yellow mustard jersey! The new Reebok jerseys are supposed to be lighter and tighter fitting for the players. From what I recall, the All-Stars wore them this year during the game.

From what I understand, they are going to be expensive, like $350 for an authentic with no name or patches and over $400 for the name. A screen print jersey is rumored to be in the neighborhood of $180. I will not be buying one! I will keep my mustard yellow Nashville Predators jersey!

Old 09-04-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by statefan View Post
All of the new jerseys will either be white or the contrasting dark color. There will be no third or alternate jersey this year for any team. So, no one will have to look at Nashville's beautiful yellow mustard jersey! The new Reebok jerseys are supposed to be lighter and tighter fitting for the players. From what I recall, the All-Stars wore them this year during the game.

From what I understand, they are going to be expensive, like $350 for an authentic with no name or patches and over $400 for the name. A screen print jersey is rumored to be in the neighborhood of $180. I will not be buying one! I will keep my mustard yellow Nashville Predators jersey!
Yeah they did wear them in the All Star game. I really like them, they make the players look a lot sleeker and more athletic. I don't think the price is too bad though, a blank 'Premier' jersey is $115 which is hardly breaking the bank in comparison with what you could pay for the older jerseys. As for the lack of alternate jerseys, it's about time too. There were very few I liked and sorry to sound cynical but in my opinion they were just a marketing scheme to rake in even more money.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:23 PM

Im not a fan of the new Reebok crap, I prefer the old school, loose fitting sweaters. Buttman has already ruined the NHL, this just takes it a step further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey