Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 04:11 PM

837 posts, read 853,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
Toronto. There is an ugly air of misery over that whole city.
Especially since the Laffs lost to the eventual Stanley Cup Champions the Tampa Bay Lightning!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2022, 10:42 AM

1,887 posts, read 1,443,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
This thread is silly.

All cities can give off positive or negative "energy," depending on a million different factors at any given moment. That's called life and the unpredictable social dynamics of humanity.

Not to mention, no two people interpret or feel the same situation in exactly the same way.
Thank you. Also, a lot of these posts come off as if they are biased for cities they like and dislike (correct me if I'm wrong). They don't go into detail why did they feel that these cities give off postive energy or negative energy. Every city has its parts where there's positive energy and negative energy. I've experienced both in visiting different cities. If people only going by the look of a people in a city to determine that city has positive or negative energy, that's perception not realtiy.

Old 05-30-2022, 10:50 AM

8,859 posts, read 6,859,567 times
Agreed. A lot of this discussion is based on the biases we all have, or anecdotal experiences, etc.

I'd title the whole thread as "cities that have struck you as having positive or negative energy".

Old 09-26-2023, 02:25 PM

59 posts, read 44,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
Charleston and negative energy is an unusual take. What about it gave you that feeling?
For me places that are newer generally have good vibes. Older places vary. For example, big cities have old neighborhoods that often have decent vibes. Bad vibes are usually in areas where bad things happen or have happened. I actually thought Charleston was quite positive.

Old 09-27-2023, 03:34 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times
A lot of places have mixed vibes. I am not a big fan of Miami, but areas in the Miami area like Key Biscayne and Coral Gables give me good vibes. Areas further in-land without the ocean nearby or shady trees do not.

Beaumont gave me bad vibes. New Orleans, I love, but a lot of the sorrounding areas like Gramercy, do not give me good vibes. Abilene gives me good vibes, San Angelo gives off bad vibes.

Albuquerque was interesting. At night, the city can be quite sketchy feeling. Its not very well lit. But in the day, Old Town in particular, gave me such warm and friendly vibes.

El Paso gave me bad vibes. Not in a way to put the city down, but it felt very isolated and lonely. Not a bad place to be in but a little depressing. Maybe its the over looming feeling from Juarez. I think the desert Southwest cities can be a bit lonely and spooky feeling, especially at dusk/nightfall.

New York and Boston, good vibes. Dorchester specifically bad vibes lol. Rest of Boston... good.

Topeka, KS gives me bad vibes. Cheyenne, WY as well. Denver... it depends. West side of the city not so much... downtown, yes.

Old 09-27-2023, 05:00 PM

20 posts, read 17,172 times
New York gives off a very stressed vibe.

Old 09-28-2023, 08:32 PM

85 posts, read 113,640 times
People seemed happy in San Diego last time I visited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.