Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 03:29 PM

37 posts, read 31,434 times

Advertisements

Hello again,

We are looking to move to NW Arkansas in the next six months or so. My husband has read up on the newer ACC restrictions and has decided we will not move there (I still say we should consider it). I know quite a few of you live in Bella Vista. What is your opinion about this and how do you see it affecting your future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 06:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoxwell View Post
Hello again,

We are looking to move to NW Arkansas in the next six months or so. My husband has read up on the newer ACC restrictions and has decided we will not move there (I still say we should consider it). I know quite a few of you live in Bella Vista. What is your opinion about this and how do you see it affecting your future?
ACC restrictions, what are they anyway? BTW is your husband almost going over the top with researching the best place to live? I think research is a wonderful was to know what is ahead of us, but there is not utopia regardless of how much we all try to find it. I know when we moved to NM we thought it would be our forever home and we had been researching for years. It did not turn out that way at all. I agree with you,the need to visit is one of the best ways to learn about a community or state. I knew a young lady who decided after a few years of research NWA was right for her. She moved here was about to buy a hone and loved the friendless of the region. What she was not prepared for was the conservative part of the state. She lasted about a year or so and headed back to Chicago.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:25 AM

540 posts, read 1,106,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ACC restrictions, what are they anyway?

I'm assuming Architectural Control [committee]. Can be anything from what color exterior paint you can use to type of fence you can build, etc. Since I don't live in BV, I don't know what type of covenants, etc. are in place in BV.

Old 01-10-2020, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_nightowl View Post
I'm assuming Architectural Control [committee]. Can be anything from what color exterior paint you can use to type of fence you can build, etc. Since I don't live in BV, I don't know what type of covenants, etc. are in place in BV.
That is what I thought: thanks.
OP: yes there are restrictions but none of them are all that strict. We see no fences, chain link, wood etc. You name it we see it: color of homes the same and type of homes. I don't think anyone needs to be overly concerned about the ACC here, but that is just my opinion.

Old 01-11-2020, 08:45 PM

37 posts, read 31,434 times
Thank you, nmnita!! My husband is the king of research, and he spent almost the entire night researching everything about Bella Vista, the POA, ACC, etc. In the end, he was satisfied with what he read, so (drum roll, please) WE BOUGHT OUR HOUSE IN BELLA VISTA!!!! We are SO excited and happy with this decision! We found a home that offers everything we want at a very reasonable price! It's in the part of Bella Vista I fell in love with on my last trip!

Old 01-12-2020, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoxwell View Post
Thank you, nmnita!! My husband is the king of research, and he spent almost the entire night researching everything about Bella Vista, the POA, ACC, etc. In the end, he was satisfied with what he read, so (drum roll, please) WE BOUGHT OUR HOUSE IN BELLA VISTA!!!! We are SO excited and happy with this decision! We found a home that offers everything we want at a very reasonable price! It's in the part of Bella Vista I fell in love with on my last trip!
So glad everything is working out for you. Good luck with the move and may I ask just out of curiosity what part of the city is it in. I don't want the address or anything, just wondering is it the Highlands, the east side of town or one one of the other areas like near the country club or someplace like that?

Old 01-14-2020, 03:47 PM

24 posts, read 15,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ACC restrictions, what are they anyway? BTW is your husband almost going over the top with researching the best place to live? I think research is a wonderful was to know what is ahead of us, but there is not utopia regardless of how much we all try to find it. I know when we moved to NM we thought it would be our forever home and we had been researching for years. It did not turn out that way at all. I agree with you,the need to visit is one of the best ways to learn about a community or state. I knew a young lady who decided after a few years of research NWA was right for her. She moved here was about to buy a hone and loved the friendless of the region. What she was not prepared for was the conservative part of the state. She lasted about a year or so and headed back to Chicago.

you can never go over the top with researching because good or bad your stuck with it.... real estate is a large responsibility

here in Crawford co. we put a 40 ft in ground pool no permit needed
we added an addition to the house no permit needed
we installed a 30 by 50 out building no permit needed

can you do that in Bella vista???????

what happens when minority rules i see a lot off people selling out of BV some are even willing to trade out.

Old 01-14-2020, 06:08 PM

2,025 posts, read 1,746,077 times
When I'm on Zillow I see beautiful homes in Bella Vista out in the wide open with no fencing separating the neighbors. In a place like this our Airedale wouldn't last more than a minute, if that. Are chain link fences allowed to be installed in such a case?

Our yard in Paradise is open in the front but fully fenced in the back so no dog can get out. The bears and raccoons don't think much of that fence and come and go as they please.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinark View Post
you can never go over the top with researching because good or bad your stuck with it.... real estate is a large responsibility

here in Crawford co. we put a 40 ft in ground pool no permit needed
we added an addition to the house no permit needed
we installed a 30 by 50 out building no permit needed

can you do that in Bella vista???????

what happens when minority rules i see a lot off people selling out of BV some are even willing to trade out.
Just a couple of issues with your comments and we all have our own ideas: none are 100% right or 100% wrong.

1-yes you can do too much research and end up confused or, if you are looking for utopia it is not to be found

2-can you do, in BV what you did? No, and we have lived in several communities throughout the country. Permits are always needed when exterior buildings are involved. I will be honest, I do not like to be told what I and and can not do, but no way would I live in an area where putting in a pool or building additions sis not require a permit: If for no other reason other than safety.

3-where the heck are you seeing all these people getting out of BV? I would like to see proof of this. Our experience has been quite to opposite, especially now that the by-pass is moving along. BV just keeps growing. No matter where, in the city you go, there is new building and the property values just keep climbing just like in most of NWA.

If research is so important I think you need to let others here know where you are getting your information about people moving out or selling out as you put it. People should know this prior to buying if it is as fact. If it isn't a fact, and you live in Crawford County how would you know this? Crawford county is quite some distance from Benton County and other than maybe Ft Smith it is pretty rural: it is different from Benton county even though it does fall into the NWA region to some.

Last edited by nmnita; 01-15-2020 at 06:12 AM..

Old 01-15-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
When I'm on Zillow I see beautiful homes in Bella Vista out in the wide open with no fencing separating the neighbors. In a place like this our Airedale wouldn't last more than a minute, if that. Are chain link fences allowed to be installed in such a case?

Our yard in Paradise is open in the front but fully fenced in the back so no dog can get out. The bears and raccoons don't think much of that fence and come and go as they please.
Did you explain to the raccoons and bear why you did it? Did you tell them they were trespassing?

Yes, chain link fences are seen many places here. WE have a couple of neighbors about a block or so away that have them.Our daughter has a small one which actually is a little larger than a good size dog run. It is below their deck and extends out. The dogs have the run of that area and can get up to the deck or down as they choose. Because the area is fenced they can not get out. Our daughter and hubby choose to do it that way so they could enjoy the beauty of the forests and not block their view while protecting their two dogs. Other people have homes with large back yards completely fenced it. We do not have a fence as we only have a small 11 lb dog which is pretty much an inside old lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers