Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 05:19 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoxwell View Post
Oh wow! I am so sorry that your home was removed from the MLS. Surprisingly, ours was put on the MLS in March and sold in 3 days! Maybe you should check with another real estate agent? They lifted the restrictions on showing homes, so you might be in an excellent position to sell. According to our real estate agent, there is still HUGE demand for homes in the North State.

So far, this is a beautiful place to call home! Many homes are hitting the MLS in Bella Vista that are coming in at lower prices. It might be worth it to consider the move. I will let you know how the weather is in a few months. I've heard that it will be warmer, but not as warm or humid as more southerly parts of Arkansas and the southern states in general. I will keep you posted for sure!!
It will not be nearly as warm as further south, especially as you get closer to Texas. Already, we can see the difference in DAllas and here. Our son is in Dallas and the days are almost always higher. As or the humidity I do realize for those who have come from the Northern part of the country or the southwest, like NM the humidity may seem bad but compared to TX is is almost non existing. Here we rarely turn our A/C on until June and off by Sept; our nights do not stay much above the high 70s or very low 80s. IN TX it was nothing to have nights in the mid 80s and days, along with high humidity way over 100.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 09:22 PM

37 posts, read 31,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It will not be nearly as warm as further south, especially as you get closer to Texas. Already, we can see the difference in DAllas and here. Our son is in Dallas and the days are almost always higher. As or the humidity I do realize for those who have come from the Northern part of the country or the southwest, like NM the humidity may seem bad but compared to TX is is almost non existing. Here we rarely turn our A/C on until June and off by Sept; our nights do not stay much above the high 70s or very low 80s. IN TX it was nothing to have nights in the mid 80s and days, along with high humidity way over 100.
Hi nmnita! That is great to hear. We know that there will be warm and humid days in the summer, but I'm sure we'll adjust. We just love it here! I fell as we've arrived at our home. I love walking around our neighborhood and taking in the beauty and fresh air. It really is wonderful! We are blessed!! Thank you for all of your advice and direction!! Jennifer

Old 05-09-2020, 12:56 AM

7,708 posts, read 5,448,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoxwell View Post
I just wanted to say that we are extremely happy living in Bella Vista! It is gorgeous, friendly, serene, and lovely! The air quality is so much better than our air in CA that I am actually off of my maintenance meds and daily nebulizer treatments!! I am out walking as much as I can and I feel a significant change in my health. Also, I am glad that there is more humidity in the air, as the drier air was not as good for my lungs. The bonus has been that my skin is so much smoother and the 'alligator' dry flaky stuff is GONE-WOOHOO!!! We LOVE it here and even though most things are closed, I love driving around and since gas is $1.29 at the Jane, MO Walmart, I will keep on driving around as much as I want-lol!!

Truly, for anyone interested in moving to NWA, I can say that it is a FAR better place to live than CA! I feel like we well and truly left he asylum-lol!!
No, you can't say that. You can say that it is better for you and your husband. Others can say the same, such as NMNita, who is also happy in NWA. But don't try to speak for everyone else. And do not say vulgar things about California.

I am glad you are happy with your new home, and that your lungs are benefitting in Arkansas humidity. Good health is very important, especially in these times. Covid-19 attacks the lungs, as you probably know. However, referring to the entirety of California as an asylum is rude and unkind. You have done it more than once. You show your true nature by slamming your previous home.

I am sure that you were able to purchase someplace much nicer in Northwest Arkansas than what you owned in Redding, because of the cost of living difference, although the cost of living, by California standards, is extremely low in Redding, too. Be happy about that, and don't rag on California, which is a huge state.

These local forums on City-Data are not intended for dissing another location, and frankly, it is against TOS in many of the local forums to do so.

Old 05-09-2020, 01:55 AM

90 posts, read 92,216 times
Default ....well aren't you a little ray of sunshine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
No, you can't say that. You can say that it is better for you and your husband. Others can say the same, such as NMNita, who is also happy in NWA. But don't try to speak for everyone else. And do not say vulgar things about California.

I am glad you are happy with your new home, and that your lungs are benefitting in Arkansas humidity. Good health is very important, especially in these times. Covid-19 attacks the lungs, as you probably know. However, referring to the entirety of California as an asylum is rude and unkind. You have done it more than once. You show your true nature by slamming your previous home.

I am sure that you were able to purchase someplace much nicer in Northwest Arkansas than what you owned in Redding, because of the cost of living difference, although the cost of living, by California standards, is extremely low in Redding, too. Be happy about that, and don't rag on California, which is a huge state.

These local forums on City-Data are not intended for dissing another location, and frankly, it is against TOS in many of the local forums to do so.
....speaking of "showing your true nature"....your *ahem* lovely post shows how incredibly unhappy you are, but living where you are, can't say I blame you. However, Ms. Coxwell is not trashing CA, she is literally bursting with happiness & joy (and it is quite contagious!) from having escaped "that planet" (which is exactly how I phrase it), as I did so happily in spring of 2002, and as so may others are desperately attempting to do as we speak. The weather was decent overall, but certainly not worth the price one had to pay, in every other aspect, to survive there.

Please, whatever you do, don't move anywhere near beautiful Bella Vista, leave your misery (& unhappy thoughts & words) back there, where it rightfully belongs & where it can't affect those of us who love just about everything about NWA and hope to make it our home one day.

I've been following Ms. Coxwell's adventure from the get-go and she's inspired me & countless others in so many ways, it's wonderful to see someone so happy to have found their special home. I've taken all the best of her advice to heart over the past several months & used every tiny tidbit of her & her husband's excellent in-depth research, even so far as enlisting the help of their fantastic RE gal to find my forever home as well.

Please go back to bed now and leave us happy campers out of your personal pity party.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:55 AM

108 posts, read 94,402 times
I wonder why someone who lives in and loves Ca so much trolls the other area forums to chastise anyone who says a negative word about her chosen pride?
I guess it's just another CA Nazi reaching out...
like their politics, they just love to spread the joy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers