Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:08 PM

230 posts, read 1,142,900 times

Advertisements

i haven't read the replies (sorry i gotta run), but i wanted to chime in quickly.

Cats that eat too fast tend to vomit (I have one of these, bless her special little heart. She just doesn't seem to get it!). I give her small amounts at a time and it seems to be a good thing.

If there are pretty big chunks of cat food in the vomit, this is probably the case as kitty is inhaling the food instead of chewing.

Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 5,454 times
Default Rubber stopper

I was just looking through this forum cause our cat has been throwing up for 2 weeks now. We noticed our cat likes to play with the rubber stoppers on the back of the doors with the springs. And recently we've noticed that we are missing like 3 of these stoppers! So we think our cat has eaten and swallowed at least one of them, too. What did you guys do for your parent's cat after it swallowed the rubber stopper? This is getting expensive, so any ideas would be helpful, thanks!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:40 AM

1,280 posts, read 6,979,742 times
If you think she's swallowed a rubber stopper and it's still there after 2 weeks, she has to go to the vet. At the very least she'll need an x-ray to see if it's in there. If it is, she'll need surgery to remove it. Foreign bodies are a life-threatening problem.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:22 PM

372 posts, read 534,169 times
Some kitties have more sensitive stomachs, and a case of the "nerves" by the kitty or your anxiety or busyness could cause an upset stomach with vomiting, as well as hair that has not yet formed into a hairball.
The "tube of food" posted by someone is a hairball.
Placing a 1/2 inch of petromalt (or equivalent) on a plate every other day will help digestion in both cases. Kitty will eat it if she/he needs it.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:28 PM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Our male does this almost every day. He pukes up the dry food immediately after eating it.,,just a small amount. I think he just eats too fast. He seems otherwise very healthy and is not losing weight, so we don't worry about it.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:40 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,837 times
My kitty throws up reguarly... I know to prevent it, don't over feed her and she will not do it very often. If I put out too much food she will scarf it all down and then go throw up. I don't know if she is bulemic or what.

Unfortunately my husband, being an idiot, will just give her any and every kind of food imaginable and she will eat it then go throw up. I have tried telling him to not do that for a few years, but he is will not cooperate. I need to get rid of him and keep the cat.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:08 PM

41 posts, read 448,252 times
are you aware of natural balance limited ingredient diets
ther is a minimum of multiple foods sources
my boy had tummy trouble at 4 months this cured it
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance® L.I.D.™ Allergy Formulas for Cats (http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/catformulas/allergy.html - broken link)

Old 12-10-2009, 09:43 AM

1,323 posts, read 4,702,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieChick1972 View Post
My kitty throws up reguarly... I know to prevent it, don't over feed her and she will not do it very often. If I put out too much food she will scarf it all down and then go throw up. I don't know if she is bulemic or what.
I think I've discovered why our cat throws up. We actually have 2 cats, a female and a male, and each one has a separate food bowl. The female cat is scarfing down the food in both bowls before the male cat eats. The male cat just sits there and waits for the female to finish eating before he eats, but by that time all or most of the food, from both bowls has been devoured. I believe the female cat is greedy, eats all or most of the food which is too much for her, then throws up. I've found that if I separate the two cats, place their bowls in different rooms, and cut back on the food I am giving the female cat, she throws up much less frequently. Unfortunately, as soon as she finishes her food, she immediately goes to the male cat's bowl in the other room to finish off what he has not eaten.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:12 AM

605 posts, read 2,990,334 times
That's what my tabby did, too. She used to puke after eating, when she ate dry food and I free-fed. She'd gorge herself. Can you close the doors to the rooms?

Old 12-10-2009, 11:37 AM

1,323 posts, read 4,702,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna B. View Post
That's what my tabby did, too. She used to puke after eating, when she ate dry food and I free-fed. She'd gorge herself. Can you close the doors to the rooms?
Yes, we close the door to the room where the male cat's bowl is placed. Unfortunately, the male cat eats only a little from the bowl at a time, so the female cat waits until we open the door, then she goes in and eats the rest of the male cat's food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats