Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 09:55 AM

2,617 posts, read 3,453,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofi32 View Post
I imagine that it's easier to be a loner in most northern countries. Due to the bad weather conditions, many people stay indoors for most of the time.
In many hot countries, it's too hot for most of year to comfortably be outside. For example, in Dubai there was really hot even in late April. Even bus stops there have A/C. Singapore, for example, is not as hot, but Dubai has a cool season, plus Singapore is more humid, and it also gets more rain - in cooler climates like England rain mostly comes with drizzle, at which you can, though not perfectly comfortably, be outside without an umbrella, while in tropical rainforest climates like already named Singapore when it rains, it poors. Even most of European Mediterranean it's too hot in summer to comfortable be outside (except the sea, but you can't swim in sea all the time) - and winter, its cool season, is usually rainy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 11:28 PM

360 posts, read 982,353 times
I'd say it is more common to see people doing things alone often in countries that place greater emphasis on individualism (i.e. the US, Canada). At least from what i observed, people eat out or shop alone in these countries.

In Asia where the group represents the centre of emphasis, people tend to stick in groups than do things for their own individual interest. Also, people in many Asian countries (i.e. Japan, South Korea) tend to be more conscious about how society thinks of them if they were alone.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:15 PM

228 posts, read 367,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max96 View Post
In many hot countries, it's too hot for most of year to comfortably be outside. For example, in Dubai there was really hot even in late April. Even bus stops there have A/C. Singapore, for example, is not as hot, but Dubai has a cool season, plus Singapore is more humid, and it also gets more rain - in cooler climates like England rain mostly comes with drizzle, at which you can, though not perfectly comfortably, be outside without an umbrella, while in tropical rainforest climates like already named Singapore when it rains, it poors. Even most of European Mediterranean it's too hot in summer to comfortable be outside (except the sea, but you can't swim in sea all the time) - and winter, its cool season, is usually rainy.
I don't know about tropical countries but in most warm climates it's too hot to be outside only at noon. The winter is rather dry too, especially compared to cold climates.

Old 07-18-2015, 10:32 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,014,209 times
What about France, Belgium, and Quebec? Are these places also good to be a loner or not?

Old 07-19-2015, 04:57 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,190,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
What about France, Belgium, and Quebec? Are these places also good to be a loner or not?
I am the biggest loner on the face of the Earth and I naver had bad comments on it. I don't know for the other two.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:11 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,412,451 times
Any developed country.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:12 PM

828 posts, read 691,439 times
If I were going to be a loner, I would move to Thailand and just spend all day at the beach and all night at the gogo bars.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:57 PM

10,640 posts, read 16,023,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soursop View Post
If I were going to be a loner, I would move to Thailand and just spend all day at the beach and all night at the gogo bars.
Thailand is not the best country if you want to be left alone, especially if your white.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:19 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,070,461 times
I don't know about loner, but I do think that the ability to find "alone time" outdoors is great for mental health. It's very easy in Canada to get away and find yourself completely alone, which I think everybody needs. People also respect each other's space, which is very easy to accomplish even in a big city.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:22 PM

290 posts, read 210,251 times
Very easy in England. Don't know where it would be hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World