Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2023, 07:34 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
In my opinion, this drug should never be approved in any way for any reason. Why? One very intelligent young man who used to be a normal productive citizen until he started messing around with this poison. It is not fit for human consumption. Some day we will have to have an organization that helps people who are hooked on it the same way we have AA meetings now. Will humans never learn? Probably not.
FWIW, it has helped me cut back my alcohol consumption by at least 50%. You don’t hear of potheads doing the stupid things drunks do.

You can go to any town and find plenty of bars serving hard alcohol. For normal sized people, it takes relatively little to get legally drunk and get a DUI. I’ve never heard of stuff coming out of pot shops the way you’d hear out of bars or even liquor stores.

I agree that there can be pot addicts, but people can get addicted to virtually anything. Legalizing it medically would be a big help in getting people off of the opioids especially which afflict this region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2023, 07:37 AM

6,627 posts, read 4,289,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
In my opinion, this drug should never be approved in any way for any reason. Why? One very intelligent young man who used to be a normal productive citizen until he started messing around with this poison. It is not fit for human consumption. Some day we will have to have an organization that helps people who are hooked on it the same way we have AA meetings now. Will humans never learn? Probably not.
I think people should be allowed to make their own choice. Likely not nearly as bad as alcohol or tobacco. In fact, it has been shown to have some positive effects.

Old 03-04-2023, 08:03 AM

788 posts, read 783,508 times
NCN Your Opinion is worthless Unless your capiable of stating fact and yours at least needs update so read up on the difference between Commerical HEMP and Marijuana and give a proper answer for the question above and reply with FACT not OPINIONS .

You might save your slanted point of view for other forums . Let me ask you this since you think marijuana is sooo dangerous - Do you drink alcohol at all . A glass of wine or a beer after a hard week , Better stop and think . Drinking alcohol including beer cause far more problems with a person's health, how they get along with other people in general like marriage issues , maintaining a job and death of others do to being under the influence when compared to marijuana . The Feds make money off alcohol so its ok ! How about smoking cigarettes as we all know there truly deadly , even the second hand smoke but still legal since the feds getting there tax from each sale . Sorta like moonshine . make it to a set standard , pay your tax and sell away !

After a few minutes of research did you know Marijuana is LEGAL in The District Of Columbia for any one 2 and over with up to 1oz on you . At home 2oz is legal and you grow up to 6 plants for the average person not just for legal medical needs!!

By all means bust any non-taxed drugs regardless of what it is if it alters how you feel and function but your point of view needs some educating.

Last edited by hardluk1; 03-04-2023 at 08:11 AM..

Old 03-04-2023, 08:47 AM

6,627 posts, read 4,289,861 times
I encourage everyone to contact their state legislators about this issue before the session starts.

Old 04-11-2024, 05:43 PM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
So has anyone applied for a patient card from the Eastern Band? Its seems to be a pretty easy process overall, hard to tell how serious they are about vetting the "documentation" that you have one of the 18 medical conditions that qualify. Just curious if anyone knows or has heard anything about the process? Thanks.

Here's the website if anyone is interested: https://ebci-ccb.org/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina