Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 06:20 AM

20,098 posts, read 8,998,912 times

Advertisements

Police are in short supply today. Simple pot possession arrests are frowned upon in many areas. Dangerous to have cops tied up with that nonsense while short staffed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2023, 08:11 AM

6,627 posts, read 4,289,861 times
Not sure why NC doesn’t approve medical marijuana at least. Even more conservative states like Florida and Louisiana have approved it.

Old 02-25-2023, 10:50 AM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Not sure why NC doesn’t approve medical marijuana at least. Even more conservative states like Florida and Louisiana have approved it.
I wish they would approve it as well. I’ve seen a lot of vets which PTSD that use marijuana to treat it.

Old 02-28-2023, 06:47 AM

797 posts, read 3,579,090 times
And what, drank alcohol? Cause that is so adult-like compared to cannabis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I used to smoke. Then I grew up.

Old 02-28-2023, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I wish they would approve it as well. I’ve seen a lot of vets which PTSD that use marijuana to treat it.
Just doesn’t make sense to me why medical marijuana (at a minimum) isn’t legal here. Guess we should be contacting our state legislators..

Old 03-01-2023, 02:06 PM

35,054 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Quote:
Just doesn’t make sense to me why medical marijuana (at a minimum) isn’t legal here. Guess we should be contacting our state legislators..
It's not "legal," but it's decriminalized. It's unlikely that anyone with a small amount for personal use would be bothered unless something else is going on.

Personally, I've been using the various hemp gummies that are very sale. There are numerous stores for this, or you can order online - quality, of course, varies, but these are legal in NC and widely available at retail sale.

Your body doesn't know the difference between if the compound was derived from hemp or marijuana.

Old 03-03-2023, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
It's not "legal," but it's decriminalized. It's unlikely that anyone with a small amount for personal use would be bothered unless something else is going on.

Personally, I've been using the various hemp gummies that are very sale. There are numerous stores for this, or you can order online - quality, of course, varies, but these are legal in NC and widely available at retail sale.

Your body doesn't know the difference between if the compound was derived from hemp or marijuana.
I’ve heard others say hemp is not the same as marijuana..

Old 03-03-2023, 03:08 PM

4,787 posts, read 10,602,776 times
I prefer the THC factor in real stuff vs hemp/CBD stuff.

We use our Daughter in NJ as a few times a year 'connection', where she bys quality stuff via med and now, quality stuff w/out the med pass.

We aren't 'dopers', and the '60s/early '70s were a long time ago for us, but my CEO likes a vape hit for sleep and I like an occasional half a chewie for sleep, also.

NC may eventually legalize at least the med aspect in more locations, but I doubt anytime soon: too many eyes squeezed tight 'moral directors' here, esp in the elected idiot bunch that thinks they know best for 'us', or their constituents. The EB Cherokee Nation is able to garner more consideration...

Simply anecdotal, but in our circle of friends at both of our locations, I would estimate ~ 75% use an occasional to 'regular' THC hit via some method and in some strength, fwiw.

Last edited by motordavid; 03-03-2023 at 03:28 PM..

Old 03-03-2023, 06:01 PM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Quote:
I’ve heard others say hemp is not the same as marijuana..
Well, it really depends on the context of the conversation. They can be different, and they can be similar. If you're interested in diving deeper this is a good overview.:

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/...hat-is-delta-8

Old 03-03-2023, 06:14 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
In my opinion, this drug should never be approved in any way for any reason. Why? One very intelligent young man who used to be a normal productive citizen until he started messing around with this poison. It is not fit for human consumption. Some day we will have to have an organization that helps people who are hooked on it the same way we have AA meetings now. Will humans never learn? Probably not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina